No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Berto Fails VADA Test, Positive For Nandrolone

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    BoxingScene.com has been advised that Andre Berto has failed one of his random drug tests that were issued by VADA [Voluntary Anti Drug Association]. Berto's A and B samples were confirmed to have had traces of nandrolone. Historically, 80% of anabolic steroid positives from 1998-2003 were for nandrolone as a result of a contaminated supplement not injection.

[Click Here To Read More]
    What does that mean? Somehow a steroid got mixed into a supplement? What was it even doing around in the first place?

I must be reading that wrong...

Comment

Remember that it was Berto who accused Victor Ortiz of PEDs after his loss, and then renigged by saying something along the lines of "you got the hookup at WholeFoods."

Victor Conte is saying that Andre Berto has already admitted to taking supplements other than the ones that he has provided to Berto.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
        BoxingScene.com has been advised that Andre Berto has failed one of his random drug tests that were issued by VADA [Voluntary Anti Drug Association]. Berto's A and B samples were confirmed to have had traces of nandrolone. Historically, 80% of anabolic steroid positives from 1998-2003 were for nandrolone as a result of a contaminated supplement not injection.

[Click Here To Read More]
        , you would think they'd learn by know

Comment

Floyd changed the game.

Comment

Tip off the iceberg without question now.How many more fighters are there?This sucks so much Rios-Gamboa,Khan Peterson and now probably Berto-Ortiz where was all this drama for Hopkins-Dawson Marquez-Fedchenko.If this card gets pulled i shall kill Berto for robbing me off Matthysse-Soto again.Good to see some tests working.Good job VADA!!

Comment

Thank you, Floyd Mayweather.

VINDICATED!

Comment

Originally posted by BesWorldChamp View Post
                Remember that it was Berto who accused Victor Ortiz of PEDs after his loss, and then renigged by saying something along the lines of "you got the hookup at WholeFoods."

Victor Conte is saying that Andre Berto has already admitted to taking supplements other than the ones that he has provided to Berto.
                berto knew what he was doing.

Comment

damn !! VADA puttin in work. they caught 2 cheaters in the span of a week or so

Comment

When, or if, any other major sport decides to get serious about testing the same will happen. I knew some football players in undergrad (pac 10 school) who were juicing and they weren't even NFL caliber. I think the point is to have a level playing field so everyone can choose to do it or not and that's what is going to happen if everyone is being tested.

Kind of sucks if this one falls through as well though.

Comment

I could see a few things in play. I could see Conte wanting to get a good name in boxing so he wants to make sure his guys start winning which brings him back to what he knows best. I could also see Berto's team feeling they needed to do this because of injuries. Maybe they felt this is the best way for him to recover quickly.

Dont forget that at 1st people were saying that Berto couldnt make the date and that Ortiz would fight someone else. I could see his team telling Conte this and then Conte saying that I could put you on the juice to heal quickly from the injury and it would be out of your system by time you test or it wouldnt show on the test.

I could see them trusting Conte because they think he's the guru. I could maybe see Berto and his team not wanting to do it but like guys in other sports, when you see your career & big money slipping away, you end up saying F-it.

They tell Berto that you can do things the normal way, never be the same after the injuries, or take a long time to heal where you will miss the big pay day or you can take the juice, get paid, and be on top after a victory. You wont get caught because Conte is the best.

Just speculation :-)

Comment

Working...
                      X