Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sakio Bika vs. Andre Ward: thoughts and predictions?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sakio Bika vs. Andre Ward: thoughts and predictions?

Andre Ward as usual will have home advantage in Oakland.

Will Jack Reiss be working the fight? He allowed Ward to hold & hit, and deliberately headbutt in the Kessler fight. If so, will he penalize Bika for his rough inside fighting and allow Ward to get away with it?

Does Ward headbutt a lot because of the lack of power in his legal punches? Will he protect Ward if Bika gets too rough?

If the officiating is fair, I think Bika has a real chance of winning this one, perhaps by KO. But I don't think it will be fair.

What do you think?
    Ward by KO/TKO/RTD
    15.63%
    Ward by decision
    59.38%
    Bika by KO/TKO/RTD
    21.88%
    Bika by decision
    0.00%
    Too close to call
    3.13%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by The Hammer; 11-07-2010, 04:00 PM.

Bika's only shot is by KO. Bika will have his moments in a fight that could turn quite ugly. Bika is physically strong, has some good power, let his hands go a lot and is aggressive, so I think he'll have his moments...but at the end of the day Andre Ward is the superior boxer and he should dictate the fight and win by a clear UD....something like 117-111 118-110 116-111.

Comment

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
      Bika's only shot is by KO. Bika will have his moments in a fight that could turn quite ugly. Bika is physically strong, has some good power, let his hands go a lot and is aggressive, so I think he'll have his moments...but at the end of the day Andre Ward is the superior boxer and he should dictate the fight and win by a clear UD....something like 117-111 118-110 116-111.
      It's impossible for Bika to win a decision over Ward in Oakland, no matter how much he deserves it.

He'll need a KO to win.

Comment

Bika is a very competent fighter. Ward is an inside fighter, but I dont think thats a good strategy to use with Bika.

Bika is, in my opinion, stronger than Ward.

The correct way to beat Bika is the way Bute or Calzaghe has used, which is speed & from a distance.

I think Bika has a much better chance than most people are giving him. Odds are almost -700 for Ward to win, thats outrageous & I do think Sakio is being underestimated.

Comment

Ward may get more than he bargained for if he starts trading with Bika. Bika is *very* strong guy.

Styles make fights & I think Bika is a bad style for Ward...

Comment

Someone is getting cut from a clash of heads, it's inevitable given the styles. This will be an ugly ass fight

Comment

Bika is better than given credit for and won't be having any of Ward trying to rough him up on the inside.

Comment

To be honest, I would like Ward to fight out of Oakland, but this fight could take place anywere and Ward still beats him. To much boxing skill, speed, & accuracy.

And yeah, Ward needs to realize Bika has also got a hard head, and is very strong & rough on the inside, so he may think twice about fighting Bika on the inside.

But still Ward all day.
                Last edited by PowerJab; 11-07-2010, 07:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by THEDOC View Post
                  Someone is getting cut from a clash of heads, it's inevitable given the styles. This will be an ugly ass fight
                  Yes.

But will the referee allow Ward to get away with it, while at the same time penalizing Bika?

That is sure to happen if the referee is Jack Reiss

Comment

Ward is a very good all around fighter. He probably won't fight Bika on the inside and win a UD fighting from range.

Comment

Working...
                    X