Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are we ever gonna see Erik Morales vs JMM??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BritishBoxing92 View Post
    long overdue mate...would be a pretty gd fight to watch...id support Juan Manuel Marquez if this fight went down..
    Floyd-Mosley, Hopkins-Jones is also way overdue.

Comment

Originally posted by GT-R View Post
      whats the reason why this fight hasnt happened yet?? Why oh why this fight isnt even in the works??
      because morales is shot. maybe if they fought at 147, morales might have a chance.

Comment

indeed it is..

Comment

whats the reason why this fight hasnt happened yet?? Why oh why this fight isnt even in the works??
          When both Marquez and Morales were in Top Rank, Marquez wanted the fight but priced himself out (most likely Nacho did) early on NO ONE wanted a piece of Marquez at 126 Hamed was told by Emmanuel Stewart to stay AWAY from Marquez, Barrera didn't seem to want any and Morales did (other say he didn't) but again...Marquez priced himself out....would have been a great fight at 126.

Comment

It'd be a mismatch, however it would be nice to see the Morales-Barrera-Pacquiao-Marquez cipher completed.

Comment

Why would anyone want to see this fight.......NOW?

Can boxing scene do better?

Comment

However understand that Shane is the champ and Floyd is one of the best pound for pound. Much better fight than JMM-EM based on where BOTH fighters currently are in their respective careers.

Comment

Originally posted by gqjohnb View Post
                  I hope not.... Morales should be done its tough when great fighters keep going especially when they come back after a long retirement.
                  shanes inactive period is almost as long as floyd "retirement" from the sport.

Comment

please do. we need to see the light why this fight is on stall.
                    it took me close to an hour of digging through stuff in my room,but i found the interview.just for you guys

heres the part about morales.this is a really good interview from last year.i will try to post the entire thing one day when i have time

this is word for word

interview person:in 2005, the ring interviewd erik morales in tijuana and he said that you never made it because you were scared to take risks. any comment?

jmm: hes a good fighter and during that time we were both signed with bob arum. one time i was in the offices of top rank discussing business, talking about a return match with pacquiao, and i said, "i want to fight erik morales." and arum said,"erik morales doesnt want the fight." arum became flustered because at the time erik morales was arums star. erik said that i wasnt at his level and that i still had to do more to earn the right to face him. he knew i was very capable and very formidable and that people wanted to see it, but he never wanted to fight me. both erik and his promoter didnt want it.

Comment

this fights that came into my mind when I read the thread..

Comment

Working...
                      X