Collapse
No announcement yet.

James DeGale Named WBC Mandatory

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He should go straight for Bika which should be a challenging fight. Winning that will set up a massive payday against the Froch-Groves winners in a 3 belt unification contest.

The general public will eat that right up.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      I think realistically if Degale wins he's going to want the Froch-Groves winner.

The winner of that could possibly fight Ward.
      I know, and they'd probably want it in the UK, where Ward would never fight, but I can dream. Assuming Ward ever fights again.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        I know, and they'd probably want it in the UK, where Ward would never fight, but I can dream. Assuming Ward ever fights again.
        I do think it could be a possible option.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
          Chavez Jr is going to fight Golovkin so DeGale has finally and rightfully been named as mandatory for Sakio Bika.

The IBF also ordered an eliminator between DeGale and Brandon Gonzales with the winner to become mandatory for the Froch-Groves winner.

Plenty of options for DeGale now after a tough few years. Which should he take?
          Yea... I remember the IBF did that and I think he's on the Froch/Groves 2 card.

All depends on which route he takes. SHould take the WBC title shot. I don't think the WBC like Bika holding the belt

Comment

Originally posted by Jakutindi Wauya View Post
            Bika beats Degale and possibly stop him. DeGale is gay and nothing special.
            :smileysex:bukkake::gay:??

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
              Yea... I remember the IBF did that and I think he's on the Froch/Groves 2 card.
              Who? DeGale? He's not. He's promoted by Mick Hennessy, not Hearn.

Comment

Bika is a tough out for anyone.. Degale will have his work cut out for him if he takes this fight.

This should be able to tell us how good degale is or isn't

Comment

Who? DeGale? He's not. He's promoted by Mick Hennessy, not Hearn.
                  Oh, Well I don't really know about the feud over there that well.

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
                    Oh, Well I don't really know about the feud over there that well.
                    Don't think there's much of a feud between Hennessy and Hearn. They were supposed to work together for Fury-Haye. The feud is between Hearn and Frank Warren.

Hearn has a massive stable now at Matchroom though so he wouldn't find room to put DeGale on the Froch-Groves card anyway. DeGale vs the winner is very likely though.

Comment

Agreed, he should go for the straight shot at Bika. If he wins that, he'll likely fight the Froch-Groves winner anyway in a huge unification.
                      This is the ideal scenario for him IMO as well.

Comment

Working...
                      X