Comments Thread For: Broner Beats Down DeMarco Over Eight, Wins Belt

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great win for Broner!

Comment

• My prediction was Broner to win every round and get the stoppage.

Even though he was the one 'moving up', he's still much bigger than everyone else at 135 and has good skills to make it count. DeMarco gives it his all, but he's not very good.

Comment

• Wake me up when Broner fights someone his own size. He's going to beat these lightweights but once he loses the size advantage at 140lbs things will get interesting. My guess is he will stick around at lightweight for awhile though.

Comment

• an expected win vs DeM, a gutsy/macho guy w/average talent...nothing special here, he had it lost2 Linares save for a nillion 2 1 shot...Broner/Malagnaggi would b fun...

Comment

• Great performance by Broner no matter what way you spin it. Exactly the type of victory his career needed after some dodgy opponent picks in recent times. Demarco is brave as they come but he was a punching bag against a stronger, faster guy. He genuinely had no hope the way he fought. I normally place no credence whatsoever in those compubox stats, but when a guy has a 58% 'connect percentage' it's a sign the opponent had no defence whatsoever.

I don't think Broner will find too many as fast as him, but I'd like to see him in with someone as physically strong as him. He still looks a bit flustered when someone is swarming him and his defence is not even related to Floyd Mayweather's, despite the superficial similarities. There's no one in the very weak 135 division for him to be afraid of, but there are a few Junior Welterweights that would give plenty to think about.

Great night for him overall though, moves him to a new level.

Comment

• Fight was pretty easy to call

Originally posted by GRUSTLER View Post
              I like DeMarco and think he is more seasoned and been in tougher fights than Broner but the fact that he has more wear and tear than Broner makes me think that Broner being fresher will be the big factor in him losing against Broner. Always been a fan of DeMarco.
              Good performance for Broner but would definitely like to see him in there with someone who can deal with his speed.

Comment

• Broner did extremely well last night against a good, solid fighter. I was impressed but his defense isn't as good as I thought it was. He got clocked with quite a few left hands.

Broner is still a work in progress and all this talk of moving up to 140, fighting Pac at 147, future at 154 is ridiculous. He should stay at 135 for at least 3 more fights and develop himself against the likes of Vazquez and co. Burns v Broner is THE fight to be made right now.

Comment

• I was very impressed with Broner. and I have to say I really dont like him and I even thought DeMarco might beat him. I remembered the 2 gift decisions Broner got in the past against Quintero and against Ponce de Leon and I thought DeMarco is a better fighter than these 2. but Broner obviously has improved A LOT since then.
                  Broner put on a masterpiece. Im not gonna lie.

Comment

• As I expected, DeMarco just had nothing to offer against a better fighter. Good fight by Broner. His biggest advantage in all these fights continues to be his power. It really hurts when he lands.

Can't help but wonder how a guy can get hit by the same punch so many times and never do anything different though. DeMarco just kept leaning his head forward, doing nothing, while Broner hit him with right hand after right hand after right hand after right hand.

Comment

• and now the real hate starts i love it

Comment

Working...
                      X