Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does a fighter getting his "chin cracked"mean

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Basically the brain has a concussion and blacks out easier?

Comment

If P-Will chin is cracked. I do not think that one punch from Martinez cracked his chin. If he's chin is cracked it was the punches he took prior to that fight. I mean he got flush repeatedly against Martinez in the first fight. He was even hurt. I think all the wars that P-Will had before hand softened his chin up enough to get KTFO with just one punch.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        yes it can...

i've recently heard williams promotors express that he's looking for one or two more big fights and then he's going to retire (check the recent installments of Leave it in the Ring radio for the audio.)

i'm sure that wasn't what he was thinking up until the second round of his second fight with martinez, when he was knocked out cold with one punch

in fact, i'd bet i you asked him he would have told you he was going to fight forever

paul williams certainly will certainly never be the same after being so brutally knocked out.
        i'm not saying he's forever doomed to having mush for a jaw
        i'm saying now that he's been knocked unconscious like that he's not the same man
        That has to do with mental state other then him physically being able to still take a punch

Only way to know if his jaw is cracked is too see him take punches in a fight

Plenty of guys have been brutally KO'd and still had a great chin

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
          If P-Will chin is cracked. I do not think that one punch from Martinez cracked his chin. If he's chin is cracked it was the punches he took prior to that fight. I mean he got flush repeatedly against Martinez in the first fight. He was even hurt. I think all the wars that P-Will had before hand softened his chin up enough to get KTFO with just one punch.
          Thats what im saying

I just cannot accept that 1 punch of thousands a guy like williams took in his career is what cracked his chin

Comment

Originally posted by LEATHERF8CE View Post
            Ever heard of this guy,
            Can't get your chin cracked if you never had one in the first place lol

Comment

Mosley showed us a great example when he landed nuclear bombs on Margs.

Comment

I think the perfect example is Roy Jones Jr. Once Tarver almost ended his life with that shot heard around the world hes never been able to take a solid puncher for a hard puncher ever since.

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
                  explian please
                  See Hatton/Pacquiao; Williams/Martinez II; and possibly Margarito after suffering that beating at the hands of Pac.

Comment

Originally posted by -2 Scrappy- View Post
                    I think the perfect example is Roy Jones Jr. Once Tarver almost ended his life with that shot heard around the world hes never been able to take a solid puncher for a hard puncher ever since.
                    yes, excellent example cited here. . . this is the epitome of having your chin permanently cracked, and punch resistance weakened to noob status.

a grown ass man RUINED with one punch - that's how dangerous boxing is. you don't "play" boxing.

Comment

Uglyplus stated it right on the money....

Comment

Working...
                      X