No announcement yet.

Duva makes her case for Kovalev being better than GGG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duva makes her case for Kovalev being better than GGG

Sergey has already beaten a sure shot future Hall of Fame legend in Bernard Hopkins by actually beating him at his own game, outboxing him and shutting him out. Sergey has defeated two reigning world champions in their home towns in Nathan Cleverly and Hopkins. He stopped another Hall of Fame candidate and former world champion in Jean Pascal, also in his hometown. In addition, Sergey also holds a quick KO win over another former world champion in Gabriel Campillo. Please note that, except for one mid-round stoppage early in his career, Campillo’s other three previous losses–to Cloud, Murat and Shumenov–had all been by split decision in the home country or home base of his opponents.

GGG has beaten one reigning world champion in his career in (David) Lemieux–a guy who did not have a single successful title defense and had previously been stopped by Marco Antonio Rubio and lost a decision to Joachim Alcine. The only other former world champion on Golovkin’s record is Daniel Geale.

“So, while they are both great fighters and fun to watch, Sergey’s record speaks for itself. There is really no comparison, nor is there any reason to make one. I think they are both terrific and I am a big fan of Golovkin.

“I cannot predict how we will view their careers 10 years from now when we all look back. And Sergey and Golovkin are both blue chppers in my book. But Sergey has consistently dared to be great and he is already well on his way to becoming a legend in his own right. In my opinion, Golovkin has a way to go before he gets to the same place.
    http://goo.gl/rcYPFn
    GGG
    32.73%
    Kovalev
    60.00%
    To close to call
    7.27%

Everyone knows that, however HBO chose GGG to be their media hyped darling, leaving Kovalev in the dust. That's what happens when you make racist comments that the HBO executives won't stand for.

Comment

Golovking also dared to be great. What did Kovalev do to be great? did he move up to CW? no, he's a natural LHW. Golovkin is a natural MW and he's always fought the best in 160 and never avoided anyone. So I think it's safe to say that both had the same attitude.

Comment

This is a no-brainer. Kovalev has the better resume...

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
          Golovking also dared to be great. What did Kovalev do to be great? did he move up to CW? no, he's a natural LHW. Golovkin is a natural MW and he's always fought the best in 160 and never avoided anyone. So I think it's safe to say that both had the same attitude.
          Kov took on the toughest challenges at his weight
          Gg only only beat lemuix so it is what it is

Comment

Kovalev has the smallest fan base in boxing..just coz u beat a 50 yr old man dont make u an all time great..dude has no appeal no personality and the only time he made more than $1M is when he fought pascal in montreal and that's coz pascal is the cash cow of the division

Comment

I agree with Duva 110% kov has taken on the toughest challenges and he has done whatever is needed to make fights happen. Kov took alot less money to fight hopkins and pascal. Gg has never made less money than any opponent he has faced

Comment

As of right now, Kovalev does have a better resume.

The thing about boxing is everybody can't be a superstar.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
                  Golovking also dared to be great.
                  By doing what exactly? Beating up on a string of TOMATO CANs?

Comment

Kovalev is a superior fighter with an even more superior resume.

Comment

Working...
                    X