No announcement yet.

Which Lightweights Will Gamboa Beat?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Lightweights Will Gamboa Beat?

Listed above are 6 current LWs. Which one's do you feel he can beat or is he too small at this weight?

I didn't include Mikey because he hasn't fought at 135 yet.
    Miguel Vazquez
    6.67%
    Ray Beltran
    20.00%
    Omar Figueroa
    20.00%
    Jorge Linares
    26.67%
    Hank Lundy
    13.33%
    Richar Abril
    13.33%
    Last edited by -PBP-; 06-29-2014, 09:34 AM.

I think he'd beat most of them only guy I'd pick over him is Mikey.

Comment

Everyone but Mikey honestly.

Comment

Lundy is capable but I got Gamboa, also Lundy is a 140 now isn't he? Vazquez would be too problematic for Gamboa, way too problematic, chasing around a fighter who's always on his toes and counters well? Don't see Gamboa winning that. Also, I would definitely pick Garcia to beat him.

Comment

I think Gamboa beats them all and beats Mikey as well.

Comment

i think he beats all of them.

mikey's chin isn't great either.

i still remember mikey getting knocked down by a short jab from martinez and it didn't even look like martinez put anything into that jab. also you have to question mikey's heart considering he quit against salido.

Comment

Vasquez

I actually think Beltran could have a chance he's really big for the division I could see him scoring a couple KD's.

Linares/Lundy are the funest of the bunch based on all have dat chin and tend to use it in a detrimental manner.

Comment

I picked everyone but Lundy and Vazquez. Lundy cos I think he's moved up in weight and Vazquez cos that guy is a big, big lightweight and I know he isn't the best to watch but he is great at stifling an opponents offense, especially if that guy lunges in with punches, something Gamboa does.

Comment

Vasquez is the only one I'd be concerned about. He's not as talented, but he is big and he moves...a lot.

I think he beats the rest.

Comment

I think Gamboa should go back to 130 if he can, or at the very least try to be active if he stays at 135. He could beat them all like he could lose to all of them, it's hard to predict really. Beltran is a very big and strong Lightweight, Vasquez and Abril are slick, tall and very tough to look good against. Gamboa may be better than these guys but he's clearly undersized at the weight, which means these fights would be closer than they should be.

Comment

Working...
                    X