No announcement yet.

Top 10 boxers of the 21st Century

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UrDazed View Post
    Jones beat Gonzales, Ruiz, Tarver, Johnson, Harding going from HW to LHW in doing so. Vitali lost his only big fight, and is also a drug cheat so why do you have him?

Lewis' wins over Klitschko, Holyfield, Tua, Rahman and Grant are better than the KBro's 21st century resume combined.

Morales' doping has no bearing on his wins over Chi, Barrera, Pacquiao, Chavez, Kelley and Ayala when he was at his best.
    You can only presume when Morales did or didn't use PED's in the past. Just like you can only presume that Vitali ever used them as a pro.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
      You can only presume when Morales did or didn't use PED's in the past. Just like you can only presume that Vitali ever used them as a pro.
      Exactly. I'm sensing some euro-bias from Prince in that regard.

Comment

Did Kostya Tszyu fight in the 21st. century?

Comment

Jones beat Gonzales, Ruiz, Tarver, Johnson, Harding going from HW to LHW in doing so. Vitali lost his only big fight, and is also a drug cheat so why do you have him?

Lewis' wins over Klitschko, Holyfield, Tua, Rahman and Grant are better than the KBro's 21st century resume combined.

Morales' doping has no bearing on his wins over Chi, Barrera, Pacquiao, Chavez, Kelley and Ayala when he was at his best.
          No problem with Jones being in the top 10.

Vitali lost a fight he was winning and he was a drug "cheat" in his amateur days. He sustained a knee injury and he was given drugs containing steroids to heal it. The Ukrainian board was notified of this and yet Vitali was still sent ahead and obviously tested positive. With the boards decision to send Vitali into the Olympics, the young Vitali had no idea he was taking in banned substances. Since then, he has never tested positive in the professional ranks. His resume, which may not include stellar names is consistent with top contenders, that's all one can do in a limited era.

The reasoning I eliminated Morales from my list is, if he was cheating now, how many times in the past had he been cheating. He may well never have done it before but we just don't know. What we do know is he did it in the lead up to his previous fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
            Not really. One guy has been tested positive in the professional ranks. Another hasn't. You can't presume anything with regards to Vitali. It's a silly argument.

And there is no Euro bias, I used to be a massive Morales fan and would have him top 5 if it hadn't been for his failed tests. Simple as that.

Comment

Originally posted by Panamaniac View Post
              He unified the 140 lb title by beating Zab Judah in 2001.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince_Pugilist View Post
                Not really. One guy has been tested positive in the professional ranks. Another hasn't. You can't presume anything with regards to Vitali. It's a silly argument.

And there is no Euro bias, I used to be a massive Morales fan and would have him top 5 if it hadn't been for his failed tests. Simple as that.
                I think my comments on this were misunderstood. I'll just say that I assume that almost every top fighter uses something illegal. And I don't care very much. But I can't prove it, it's just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince_Pugilist View Post

What about Vitali's other injuries in the pros? You really think he wasn't using a little extra to heal up?

Comment

Originally posted by Panamaniac View Post
                    Yes, and judged by his fights up to the Hatton loss has a good argument for being top ten pound for pound for the first 5 years of this century.

Comment

What about Vitali's other injuries in the pros? You really think he wasn't using a little extra to heal up?
                      What I think is irrelevant, what is proven, is relevant.

Having said that, Vitali has been far better educated about what is right and wrong in terms of usable substances. It's as simple as that.

Comment

Working...
                      X