No announcement yet.

Fight in 6 weeks...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fight in 6 weeks...

I have a fight in 6 weeks. It is my first and I would like some advice on getting leaned down and working some extra fat off.

Any additional help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

You want to lose weight? #1 stop eating garbage foods, think about what you are fueling your body with. #2 Wear heavy clothes when in the gym working, sweatshirts and stuff. Sweat that **** off of you. Dont go in there in a tank top and shorts, go in there dressed to drop some weight. #3 When your in the gym, work your ass off. #4 Drink lots of water, water is a natural ingredient in your body for burning fat.

You can try all kinds of methods for quick weight lose but the best method is simply working hard and then working even harder. When you make weight before the fight even comes off it will make it so much easier for you rather than drying out the last couple of days before the fight. Drying out will leave you drained and weak. Remember, you are not doing the pros yet. They have a full day to replenish their bodies from cutting the weight. You as an amatuer, will weigh in a few hours before your bout. And if you had to cut weight it will not be enough time to get your body what its needs to fight strong.

So follow the simple suggestions that I listed up top and you will be just fine. Go out there, kick some ass and make your friends at boxing scene proud. We will be rooting for you.................Rockin'

Comment

Thanks. That is exactly what I needed to hear, and exactly what I intend to do.

Comment

GO GET 'EM KILLER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..........Rockin'

Comment

Rockin gave some really good advice. also, remember that breakfast and lunch are the times to eat the most food. youre metabolism rate throughout the day is much higher than when you sleep even if you do nothing, so what you eat at dinner will not be converted into useful energy. also, the meal you ate yesterday is what is fueling you today.

Comment

Good point there too. I always ate very light for dinner, having eaten breakfast and lunch already in the day. Forgot about that, good point Blackburna944...........Rockin'

Comment

For droping Weight, make sure you eat right. If you want to lose weight dont eat nothing after 6:30 pm. Never eat before working out. When i start fighting in the amatures at a young age. I would eat at school(lunch) come home then on the way to the gym do my home work, First thing i did when i got there was Warm up streches,Loosen up a bit. % rounds shadow box, 5 rounds rope,5 depending how i felt on the bag, of course i always did my speed drills then to finish it off 15 rounds of sparing. But in now days not fighters spar 15 rounds. most important,Do what you have to do. Train dont half ass off in gym. these are just basic things. Mind if i ask you a few things? What weight are you fighting at? just wondering its always nice to give younger fighters/New fighters advice. Good luck with you're fight. let us know how it went.

Comment

only 15 rounds of sparring, geez, I thought that you said never to go half ass in the gym. Why only 15 rounds? .............Rockin'
                Last edited by Rockin'; 03-31-2005, 09:09 AM.

Comment

dont masturbate.
                  Yes it's hard with all the hot avatars everyone have here i know

Comment

Originally posted by FXXI
                    I have a fight in 6 weeks. It is my first and I would like some advice on getting leaned down and working some extra fat off.

Any additional help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

you got 6 weeks i got 2 days

Comment

Working...
                    X