Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Floyd Mayweather Considered "so great if he left so early?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is Floyd Mayweather Considered "so great if he left so early?

Cant be because was unbeaten because other fighters could simply quit early while unbeaten. Or was it?

Cant be how he outclassed most of his opponents because pretty much many other fighters have done this and did not leave early(they simply hung around until they lost or fought hard competitive fights). Or was it?

Cant be because of the level of his opponents because again other fighters have beaten some of his competition worse than he did. Or was it?

Or was it simply the "Cash Cow" Factor? Pretty much the same reason people think so highly of Oscar De La Hoya(his money makine ability added to his skill)?

I'm not hating because I actually like Floyd but want to hear the opinions of his fans or non-fans.

Originally posted by dondi330 View Post

Cant be because was unbeaten because other fighters could simply quit early while unbeaten. Or was it?

Cant be how he outclassed most of his opponents because pretty much many other fighters have done this and did not leave early(they simply hung around until they lost or fought hard competitive fights). Or was it?

Cant be because of the level of his opponents because again other fighters have beaten some of his competition worse than he did. Or was it?

Or was it simply the "Cash Cow" Factor? Pretty much the same reason people think so highly of Oscar De La Hoya(his money makine ability added to his skill)?

I'm not hating because I actually like Floyd but want to hear the opinions of his fans or non-fans.
    im not a massive fan,but if u watch him fight at 130 lbs,the guy is unreal.he hits and doesnt get hit and has truly phenomenal skills and thats why people want 2 c him fight more,and the fact that there r so many opponents out there that make for mouth watering match-ups

Comment

Because he retired an undefeated 5 division champ.

He's good but some overrate him.

Comment

I personally wanted to see how "great" he really was against the likes of Mosley, Cotto, a non-Cheating Margarito, P. Williams and more.
        He would have either been exposed or shined like never before....he left us wondering.

Comment

Originally posted by dondi330 View Post
          I personally wanted to see how "great" he really was against the likes of Mosley, Cotto, a non-Cheating Margarito, P. Williams and more.
          He would have either been exposed or shined like never before....he left us wondering.
          thats exactly why there are so many threads about him i suppose

Comment

Anyone with a brain knows Margarito wouldn't beat Floyd. A Cotto fight should have happened. Floyd came in the division and beat Judah(beltholder) and Baldomir who held the WBC belt. So he did fight top welters at that time. But he should have kept fighting.

As far as him being great. 5 titles in 5 different weightclasses. Good, not great resume and superb boxing skills.

Mosley turned down a Mayweather fight, and to be honest no one wants to fight Paul Williams lol...

Comment

i think there is really no questioning floyd jr's greatness @ this point man...

Comment

I'm not his fan but he has a great achievement and almost untouchable... that made him great...

Comment

Originally posted by The_Executioner View Post
                  Anyone with a brain knows Margarito wouldn't beat Floyd. A Cotto fight should have happened. Floyd came in the division and beat Judah(beltholder) and Baldomir who held the WBC belt. So he did fight top welters at that time. But he should have kept fighting.

As far as him being great. 5 titles in 5 different weightclasses. Good, not great resume and superb boxing skills.

Mosley turned down a Mayweather fight, and to be honest no one wants to fight Paul Williams lol...
                  Well if you KNOW boxing then you should know there is no "sure shots" it Boxing.
                  Almost everyone thought Tyson would beat Douglas, Hoya would beat "lil Pac", and so on and so on. So to call Floyd beating Margarito a sure thing is unreal, seeing is believing, even though I would bet on Floyd too.
                  Yet he did tell Marg he would fight him and didnt.

Comment

Originally posted by talip bin osman View Post
                    i think there is really no questioning floyd jr's greatness @ this point man...
                    No questioning his greatness?
                    I'm no huthugger so I question everything and Im in no cult following of Mayweather....lol

Comment

Working...
                    X