Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sam Eggington Drops, Batters Frankie Gavin for Knockout in Eight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Sam Eggington Drops, Batters Frankie Gavin for Knockout in Eight

Birmingham - For the vacant WBC welterweight title, Sam Eggington (19-3, 11KOs) scored three knockdowns and rained down the hard punches to stop Frankie Gavin (23-3, 14KOs) in the eight round.

[Click Here To Read More]

What a fight! Gavin showed heart but he's done. Took a beating there.

Comment

Danny...
      Come out, come out wherever you are...

Comment

vacant WBC WW title?

Comment

Originally posted by don larryx View Post
          vacant WBC WW title?
          WBC International* title was at stake

Comment

What a fight.

Happy for Eggington, he broke him down to the body.

Comment

Comment

I thought Gavin said he was going to move down to 140 after he took a pasting by Kell Brook.

Comment

I knew Gavin didnt have it in him to go with a fighter like Eggington. So many were predicting based off the Skeete fight but Skeete is not only a very good fighter (better than Gavin), he is a tough, disciplined and a genuine WW. I didnt expect Egg to get to him that early actually I thought Gavin was gonna win more rounds, but when Gavin held his feet and fought after the KD it was just a matter of time.

Gavin never had the stamina or toughness for that kind of fight vs a guy who dgaf about point scoring and is just in there to cause him pain. Just the pressure and forcing Gavin to throw a lot of punches was enough, even without the body shots and KD's.

Made up for Sam and his team who come across as a great bunch. Jon Pegg posts occasionally on CHB and he seems very genuine and knows his boxing
                  Last edited by Tom Cruise; 10-22-2016, 05:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                    I knew Gavin didnt have it in him to go with a fighter like Eggington. So many were predicting based off the Skeete fight but Skeete is not only a very good fighter (better than Gavin), he is a tough, disciplined and a genuine WW. I didnt expect Egg to get to him that early actually I thought Gavin was gonna win more rounds, but when Gavin held his feet and fought after the KD it was just a matter of time.

Gavin never had the stamina or toughness for that kind of fight vs a guy who dgaf about point scoring and is just in there to cause him pain. Just the pressure and forcing Gavin to throw a lot of punches was enough, even without the body shots and KD's.

Made up for Sam and his team who come across as a great bunch. Jon Pegg posts occasionally on CHB and he seems very genuine and knows his boxing
                    Notice how Dave Coldwell and Matthew Macklin were unbelievably biased toward Gavin?

Comment

Working...
                    X