Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will SHOWTIME fire Paulie?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope not, as I have said before I am a huge fan of Paulie's verbal skills and his insight into the fight game

Comment

Originally posted by Exciterx30 View Post
      Honestly, I can't stand Jim Gray. This is one of those fake guys that will turn a blind eye as long as it fits an agenda. Several times, fighters or promoters have hinted at the usual bs in boxing and the clown wants to cut them off trying to save face. I miss Larry Merchant and his incisive, take no prisoners style of interviewing. Props to the rest of the broadcast team for mentioning the classless, douchebag behavior of Broner during the post-fight interview.

Props to Malignaggi. Not only is he one of my favorite fighters of the last 10 years, but he is as real as it gets when he talks about the sport. He is one of the best boxing commentators I have ever listened to and his insight is as good as, if not more accurate, than that of Roy Jones.
      Originally posted by robust_ View Post
      Paulie has a bright future. If showtime fires him, HBO will welcome him with open arms.

Max K approves of a Paulie to HBO shift. Lampley/Max/Paulie would be the best commentating trio in sports history.
      Agree with all of the above. I've seen him a couple of times and he's a nice guy too, I think he is great for the sport.

Comment

The way I see it, Paul is the best commentator in the sport right now. If they fire him over his comments I think that would be like adding credibility to what he said. It would be like acknowledging that his comments might be legit and they want to shut him up to keep the Haymon people happy.

If Showtime wants to keep some credibility, they should just dismiss what Malignaggi said and label it a "heat of the moment" thing.

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if he was "let go" honestly. He certainly pissed guys off

Comment

malignaggi said a new York judge was in Al Haymon pocket he implied bribery he will be suspended by the commission and probably by showtime too

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
              malignaggi said a new York judge was in Al Haymon pocket he implied bribery he will be suspended by the commission and probably by showtime too
              Fcuk them, he was speaking the truth. Paulie has got the boxing public on his side.

The NY judge is supposed to have some leeway for the NY fighter, not Haymon's agenda.

Comment

Originally posted by robust_ View Post
                Paulie has a bright future. If showtime fires him, HBO will welcome him with open arms.

Max K approves of a Paulie to HBO shift. Lampley/Max/Paulie would be the best commentating trio in sports history.
                not sure about that Paulie has talked major **** about HBO which surprised me because i thought he might be able to commentate there one day, but he tells it like it is and i respect him for that

Comment

Let's hope they don't. I really like Paulie as a commentstor

Comment

Whether he gets fired or not, he spoke the truth. 117-111 is a terrible score card and looks very suspicious.

Comment

Paulie did the same thing after his fight with Juan Diaz.

He just gets too emotional sometimes....

Comment

Working...
                      X