Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golovkin is good. He reminds me of when Angulo was hot coming up in ranks

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am a full believer. Golovkin made me a fan tonight. He took Proksa out like it was nothing.

I'd love to see Golovkin fight Geale, Quillin/N'Jikam, Pirog, or Martinez (if he beats Chavez).

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
      I am a full believer. Golovkin made me a fan tonight. He took Proksa out like it was nothing.

I'd love to see Golovkin fight Geale, Quillin/N'Jikam, Pirog, or Martinez (if he beats Chavez).
      How do you think he does against Abraham or Pavlik?

I'm just interested to see how he does against someone that can bang. He's easy to hit, I want to see how his chin holds. To me, that's possibly the only kink in his armor is his ability to get hit while throwing.
      Last edited by BoxingGenius27; 09-01-2012, 11:06 PM.

Comment

They say Golovkin gets hit because he gets bored with his comp. Guy has an iron chin, great balance, great technique and not only one punch KO power but 6 INCH KO power. Get on the bandwagon now *****es.

Comment

He has better footwork. Much faster footwork.

better distance and timing.

Only thing similar is that they both possess one punch power and both are aggressive.

Oh and defensively not the best. I think that's more of a choice with Triple G and Angulo is incapable of any defensive.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
            How do you think he does against Abraham or Pavlik?

I'm just interested to see how he does against someone that can bang. He's easy to hit, I want to see how his chin holds. To me, that's possibly the only kink in his armor is his ability to get hit while throwing.
            Well I think Golovkin will stay at 160 for awhile, so I doubt a Pavlik fight happens. Pavlik will probably fight Chavez Jr next year.

Golovkin needs to focus on Martinez, Geale, Pirog, and Quillin/N'Jikam.

Comment

alfredo angulo, huh?

i don't see that at all.

Comment

10x more skilled and well rounded then Angulo ever was but I do remember the Buzz Angulo had going into the Cintron fight yes THE BUZZ/HYPE was similar

Comment

golovkin beat angulo up and had him running when they sparred and no their amateur accomplishments are nowhere close.

Comment

Golovkin is the man at MW..... I think he's better than Chavez and Martinez

Comment

Both were highly touted KO artists but achieved those means with different paths

Golovkin showed real improvement from the Ouma fight with this performance nowhere near the sloppy footwork and brawler type mentality

And someone with 1 punch KO power...well that would be a recipe to defeat any fighter so...

Comment

Working...
                      X