Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Serious Question: Do you think attractive people get hired more so than others?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serious Question: Do you think attractive people get hired more so than others?

I was just talking to my friend about this and he is a manager at a bank. We are good friends so he tells me the truth, he said he hires good looking people rather than people who are more qualified. I personally think It's kinda messed up but I guess that is how life is sometimes. I don't think all employers do that but I think a lot of them do. What do you guys think? Do you think they all do it? Ever come across a situation like that? Thoughts?

This is a fact of life..i work with beautiful dumbasses

Comment

I've worked at McDonalds my whole life (senior fry cook now) and only pretty girls get put on the registers. I have a lot more experience and I'm decent looking because I post on boxingscene obviously, but the boss wants certain people facing customers.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

When I was in high school, I used to work at McDonald's. The better looking kids got placed at the cash registers and Drive-thrus, the less attractive ones were made cooks or maintenance.

Comment

Two equally qualified people, one is very attractive while the other is a horse face. Who do you think takes it?

Its just the way this world works.

Always take pride in your appearance and do the best with what you got. Conversely there are some attractive people who are slobs, have no sense of style, and/or dont care about their appearance. You can always beat them if you do.

Comment

Halo effect, Google it.

Comment

Originally posted by fallen_ego View Post
              I was just talking to my friend about this and he is a manager at a bank. We are good friends so he tells me the truth, he said he hires good looking people rather than people who are more qualified. I personally think It's kinda messed up but I guess that is how life is sometimes. I don't think all employers do that but I think a lot of them do. What do you guys think? Do you think they all do it? Ever come across a situation like that? Thoughts?
              In customer service, sales, business yes.

If its something more technical that doesn't really require face to face interaction then probably the more qualified person will get hired.

I do have to say though that women have it much easier than men. What i've found is a cute or decent looking girl will get the job over a man if their resumes are remotely close at all. If shes hot then she will almost instantly get the job.

Any women who complain that they have it harder than men in the work force is a complete lie, unless they are seriously nasty as all hell to look at.

Comment

A couple days ago I saw some hot ass girl working at a McDonald's. She had to be around 17-18 doe.

Fell in love. I even got a large drink because I wanted to impress her

Comment

Originally posted by TheGR8TESTOAT View Post
                  In customer service, sales, business yes.

If its something more technical that doesn't really require face to face interaction then probably the more qualified person will get hired.

I do have to say though that women have it much easier than men. What i've found is a cute or decent looking girl will get the job over a man if their resumes are remotely close at all. If shes hot then she will almost instantly get the job.

Any women who complain that they have it harder than men in the work force is a complete lie, unless they are seriously nasty as all hell to look at.
                  ^^^^^^i

THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                    A couple days ago I saw some hot ass girl working at a McDonald's. She had to be around 17-18 doe.

Fell in love. I even got a large drink because I wanted to impress her

Comment

Working...
                    X