Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"I'm having a hard time believing that i'm in a prison"..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "I'm having a hard time believing that i'm in a prison"..

James Conway, retired Superintendent of Attica Correctional Facility in New York, visits four Nordic prisons and facilities. What methods are used in the correctional facilities of the Nordic countries? How do they differ compared to the US?

Breivik's hell hole...

Hell, I heard a Canadian prison had PS3's. One of the titles allowed to be played was a GTA game.

Comment

christ.

last time i was in county they put like 10 of us in a 4 man cell.

we had to share bunks and make homemade hammocks.

Comment

the reason people are sent to prison is to protect the general population while punishing the offender by taking away his freedom. that's it, taking his freedom which is severe punishment. taking a part of your life.

throwing people in a small, filthy cage like an animal with nothing to do but grow bitter and try not to get raped or killed is not a good way to punish people. the US prison system is a train wreck, it strips convicts of everything and sends them back out on the streets ten times worse than when they came in.

our system may not be perfect, but its leaps and bounds better than the american system. it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out.

Comment

Norway does seem like a very nice place to live, all jokes aside.

Comment

Originally posted by 231 View Post

That's literally 5 times the size of my first apartment... and it a has a ****ing tv with a stocked kitchen and dining area....

edit: AND A GYM WTF
            Last edited by DARKSEID; 10-21-2014, 10:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
              the reason people are sent to prison is to protect the general population while punishing the offender by taking away his freedom. that's it, taking his freedom which is severe punishment. taking a part of your life.

throwing people in a small, filthy cage like an animal with nothing to do but grow bitter and try not to get raped or killed is not a good way to punish people. the US prison system is a train wreck, it strips convicts of everything and sends them back out on the streets ten times worse than when they came in.

our system may not be perfect, but its leaps and bounds better than the american system. it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out.
              it works for you guys because of your small prison population.

it wouldn't work in america because of the amount of prisoners.

plus american prisoners have to be locked down more because of prison violence.

Comment

Do they allow them to invite friends over and call up some hookers too?

Comment

Originally posted by 231 View Post
                  James Conway, retired Superintendent of Attica Correctional Facility in New York, visits four Nordic prisons and facilities. What methods are used in the correctional facilities of the Nordic countries? How do they differ compared to the US?

Breivik's hell hole...

Ours are THAT bad:WORD: We have clean sinks!!!

Comment

Wonder what the recidivism rate is in Norway.

Just checked.

It's a lot lower then here in the US.
                    Last edited by Sweet Pea 50; 10-21-2014, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X