No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Alexander vs. Brook Heading To Nokia in Los Angeles

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Alexander vs. Brook Heading To Nokia in Los Angeles

BoxingScene.com has been informed that the IBF welterweight title clash between champion Devon Alexander and mandatory challenger Kell Brook is headed to the Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles, Calif. The fight takes place on January 19th and will be televised by Showtime.

Los Angeles and Las Vegas were both considered as possible locations for the fight. Alexander's team didn't want to go to the Brit's backyard while Brook wouldn't agree to fight in Alexander's hometown of St. Louis, MO. which lead to the fight ending up in a neutral location.

[Click Here To Read More]

Lucas on the undercard? I'm there

Comment

BAD LOCATION...VERY BAD!

Two Dudes they are not even from Los Angeles and neither of them are Mexican...I know people don't want to fight Devon in St. Louis but at least he can draw nice size crowd in St Louis...the attendance is going to SUCK in Los Angeles

Comment

Might watch it, its been awhile since i attended a boxing event.

Comment

Stupid location and stupid date!

Jan 19th:
          At New York (HBO): Orlando Salido vs. Miguel Angel "Mikey" Garcia, 12 rounds, for Salido's WBO featherweight title; Gennady Golovkin vs. Gabriel Rosado, 12 rounds, for Golovkin's WBA middleweight title; Roman "Rocky" Martinez vs. Juan Carlos Burgos, 12 rounds, for Martinez's WBO junior lightweight title

Comment

Nokia theater is tiny, shouldn't be too hard to fill. Although, none of these fighters are really draws in LA. They should look for a decent mexican fighter to put in with Matthysse.

Comment

Matthysse is probably going to bring in as many as Brook and Alexander.

Comment

Brook is very popular and a big draw in the U.K and you know how passionate U.K fans are, they will fly out to support him, no doubt.

It'll do just fine with Lucas on the undercard.

Brook fans are more casual fans IMO so it'll be great that they get to see Lucas, they will love him!

Comment

Great. I spend years living in California & a few months after I move back to Florida both Khan & Brook fight in LA.

Wankers.

Comment

Wait so Matthysse no longer on the Garcia-Judah undercard? Can't say Im surprised. And here I was being fooled that GBP had interest in making Garcia-Matthysse. So silly...

Comment

Working...
                    X