No announcement yet.

A prime Frank Bruno would've been too much for Haye

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A prime Frank Bruno would've been too much for Haye

The entire career of this guy at hw is built on hype. At cw he was legit and deserves alot of credit but at hw he's done nothing. He beat a bunch of has beens, then a lumbering russian, then the awesome John Ruiz. WTF has he done at hw. Gotta say Bruno's power vs Haye's shaky chin, no doubt Haye would be put to sleep.

Originally posted by lparm View Post
    The entire career of this guy at hw is built on hype. At cw he was legit and deserves alot of credit but at hw he's done nothing. He beat a bunch of has beens, then a lumbering russian, then the awesome John Ruiz. WTF has he done at hw. Gotta say Bruno's power vs Haye's shaky chin, no doubt Haye would be put to sleep.
    Bruno was never able to land on mobile fighters, only on stationary ones. If you don't think Haye is mobile then you're just a hater.

Comment

Bruno would do well in general today

Comment

Originally posted by Earl-Hickey View Post
        Bruno would do well in general today

Bruno always looked physically like he could kill anyone.

But as we know looks don't win fights.

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post

bruno was the next lacy.

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post

I remember watching Bruno vs Tyson 2 and Bruno looked like he was ****ting himself walking to the ring, i felt sorry for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Blobby View Post
              I remember watching Bruno vs Tyson 2 and Bruno looked like he was ****ting himself walking to the ring, i felt sorry for him.
              I've never understood how Oliver McCall can go to the UK, ko Lennox Lewis in 2, and then lose to Frank Bruno. I haven't seen the entire Bruno fight, but God it seems strange.

Comment

Originally posted by Squizz View Post
                I've never understood how Oliver McCall can go to the UK, ko Lennox Lewis in 2, and then lose to Frank Bruno. I haven't seen the entire Bruno fight, but God it seems strange.
                a) It was a freak win against Lewis.

b) McCall had declined a lot by the time he fought Bruno.

c) McCall had Steward in his corner for the Lewis fight, but Steward switched to training Lewis immediately after that.

d) Bruno had a very good jab, and against a limited puncher like McCall, that was just enough to win him the fight. That said, Bruno never hurt McCall, whereas McCall hurt Bruno near the end and Bruno was hanging on for dear life in the last two rounds.

Comment

Haye would take Bruno, poor Frank never had the mental strength to compete at the highest level, as soon as he was in trouble it was game over.

Comment

Working...
                  X