No announcement yet.

Hagler got robbed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hagler got robbed

How can anyone think that Sugar Ray Leonard won that fight? Hagler won at the very least half of the rounds!

Sugar Ray Leonard 6-4-2 (116-114) was my score.

Hagler choosing to come out in an orthodox stance for the first four rounds was in my opinion a big reason why he lost that fight.

Comment

Hagler won it 7-5.

Leonard was good at stealing rounds and getting the crowd excited but Hagler outworked him most of the fight. Fight was still very close. Just thought Hagler did enough to win.

They should have had a rematch.

Comment

Leonard clearly won.

Hagler has no one to blame but himself. He pretty much handed Leonard the fight on a silver platter by trying to outbox Ray and he clearly lost the first 4 rounds.

I never understood why people considered this a robbery.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
          Hagler won it 7-5.

Leonard was good at stealing rounds and getting the crowd excited but Hagler outworked him most of the fight. Fight was still very close. Just thought Hagler did enough to win.

They should have had a rematch.
          I think it's criminal that Hagler lost this fight. He simply deserved to win.

Comment

boxing is known for geting it wrong in big fights: leonard-hagler, pac-floyd, trinidad-hoya, whitaker-chavez, etc...it wouldn't be boxing if the right person won.

Comment

That absurdly wide scorecard for Leonard still pisses me off so much. That judge was either incompetent or corrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing56 View Post
                Leonard clearly won.

Hagler has no one to blame but himself. He pretty much handed Leonard the fight on a silver platter by trying to outbox Ray and he clearly lost the first 4 rounds.

I never understood why people considered this a robbery.
                That is one of those boxing myths that I hate. He didn't "clearly" lose the first 4 rounds. It's been a while since I've seen the fight, but I know that at least one of those rounds was Hagler's.

It's like the people who say Castillo clearly gave away the first 5 rounds or whatever to Mayweather.

Comment

as the saying goes, srl pitty patted the title away from hagler.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                    boxing is known for geting it wrong in big fights: leonard-hagler, trinidad-hoya, whitaker-chavez, etc...it wouldn't be boxing if the right person won.
                    Fixed it for you.

Comment

Working...
                    X