Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hindsight, Do u feel Arum had literally No Interest in a PBF Fight from the get go??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MayMosPeaHop View Post
    People that blame both sides for the fight not happening need to grow up. If you gave a 12 year old a history starting from when Mayweather came out of retirement, I would bet 9/10 would clearly state Arum never wanted the fight.

Why didn't Bob Arum make the fight during the first negotiations? 50/50 purse and 14 day cut-off window for MP. With a offer like that, Floyd is the problem? Floyd is so much of a problem that you cut off negotiations and fight J. Clottey. Again, that is Floyd's fault? Sorry, I do have a extended education, but this is elementary. The history promotes that Bob Arum and Freddie Roach know the type of fighter FMJ is, and believe that Manny could not beat FMJ. How can anyone see this any other way? Multiple quotes from Freddie Roach stating FMJ would be their toughest fight and how Manny needed to correct things in his game before fighting Floyd. Freddie Roach admitted to Chuck and Reggie on the TNT special that Manny had made the same mistakes against JMM in every fight. Same mistakes! Let's now add the 4th fight to that list.

Seriously, it is illogical to believe that Arum or Roach would put Manny in the ring with Floyd, considering the struggles MP has had with JMM.
    Look, people like myself are perfectly rational when they extend blame to ALL parties involved in the Pac-Mayweather negotiations.

I'll level with you on this however. I firmly believe that Arum and Pacquiao have the lion's share of the blame. Your description of the conciliatory offer composed of a 50-50 split and a two week cutoff for testing put forth by Floyd is accurate.

Comment

bob and pacquiao

Comment

I'll go with what these folks have said. That Floyd never wanted the fight.

Foreman, Holmes, RJJ, SRL, Hagler, Holyfield, Lewis, Tyson, Corley, Wilbon, Steve Smith, 50 cent, and many others.

Comment

Originally posted by KRAFTSMAN View Post
          I'll go with what these folks have said. That Floyd never wanted the fight.

Foreman, Holmes, RJJ, SRL, Hagler, Holyfield, Lewis, Tyson, Corley, Wilbon, Steve Smith, 50 cent, and many others.
          But your a sheep following anything to suit your personal agenda , Hagler thought Floyd wanted OST only for Manny and not him lol thats how accurate your name dropping is .

Not one single Pac fan can stand up to Floyd on OST after what they are spewing all over the board about JMM , the flip flopping by Manny Arum and Roach is smack in the eye for boxing , they stopped Floyd vs Manny because they were protecting their interests because Floyd would have won and killed their gravy train in the process .

They say hindsight is 20/20 vision , well look back over all off it and its obvious Arum never had any intension of fighting Floyd , the Pac ******s are a bunch of pathetic whiny fanboys , sore losers and serial haters that are full of BS , they will side up with anybody or cut them down depending on if its Pac negative or Pac positve , the facts dont matter to them they are just back stabbing parasites that should bug sprayed and burned , .

Comment

Whoops....I forgot about Boy Blood.

Comment

Originally posted by KRAFTSMAN View Post
              Whoops....I forgot about Boy Blood.
              You forgot lots of things kid and all on purpose , you lost like Manny did , face planted in your own BS .

Comment

the animosity between arum and mayweather is for real, bottom line, they hate each others guts and there is no way they want to stay in the same room for a second

Comment

Originally posted by Simply Zyzz View Post
                  kr

The article was from Dan Rafael you idiot with quotes from Arum
                  1) What you had there was GB stating that there would be no fight because Manny is going to face Marquez (in May/June). Not Arum. Right?

2) Did Manny face Marquez in May/June 2012?

3) Did they (Floyd and Manny's team) or did they not have talks after that article was made?

4) After the article was published, did or didn't Floyd state that "I want all PPV money"?

So again, its very simple, which part of that article are you believing? Just asking because Manny fought Bradley next and they did have discussions which would NOT make sense if that article was true. Right?

You take one article and you hold it high but when one is able to counter it with what really happened, then it makes that article less credible.
                  Last edited by ADP02; 12-18-2012, 07:28 PM.

Comment

Arum wanted nothing to do with Mayweather. Lied during the mediation to cancel the fight, lied again saying he wasn't answering GBP calls.

What a disgrace.

Comment

Originally posted by GoldSugar View Post
                      Arum wanted nothing to do with Mayweather. Lied during the mediation to cancel the fight, lied again saying he wasn't answering GBP calls.

What a disgrace.

arum and lying goes together pretty well it seems throughout the years

Comment

Working...
                      X