No announcement yet.

It's hard to go undefeated

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
    Being undefeated in itself doesn't mean squat, it's about who you beat and how much you accomplish.

That being said, yeah for the last 6 years Floyd has been fighting guys who were either #1 or top 3 in their weightclass and some of them were in the top 10 P4P. Under those conditions it's hard to stay undefeated so he deserves tons of props.
    I agree with this...

Comment

Originally posted by ThePunchingBag View Post
      Being undefeated is overrated as hell.

Name one top 10 ATG that was undefeated?

If you're fighting as often as you're supposed to against the best opposition available then losing comes with the territory.

The only fighters who have remained undefeated throughout their entire careers are those fighters who never sought to constantly challenge themselves against equally matched opposition.
      LMAO. I guess Ricardo Lopez being undefeated didn't mean anything. Mayweather against Corrales, Castillo, Hernandez, etc. wasn't equal opposition. Calzaghe vs. Hopkins wasn't equal opposition. Give me a damn break. Fighters with loses don't fight everybody.

Comment

Maintaining an unbeaten record when fighting world class opposition isn't easy.

Comment

Working...
        X