No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: DeGale vs. Anderson Clash in The Works For December 8

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: DeGale vs. Anderson Clash in The Works For December 8

London’s James DeGale, 13-1 (9), could take on Edinburgh’s Kenny Anderson,18-1 (13), on December 8 in a fight that would be televised on U.S. television network WealthTV. According to BoxingScene’s sources, Anderson has agreed to the fight in principle and is waiting on confirmation from DeGale, who is now promoted by Mick Hennessy and featured on Channel 5 on October 13 — a hard-fought a decision win over Hadillah Mohoumadi in DeGale’s first bout since parting company with Frank Warren. DeGale versus Anderson would be a compelling fight between two champions — “Chunky” is the EBU titlist and Anderson recently netted the vacant British belt by stopping Robin Reid in five-rounds on October 20.

[Click Here To Read More]

Good fight. Probably should've happened a while ago. Shame DeGale was so inactive under Warren and Groves kept ducking the Anderson rematch.

Comment

Oooooh, this should be fun. Having said that, I hope a better Anderson turns up than the one that looked appalling against Reid. Genuinely think a motivated Anderson is capable of landing enough on the porous DeGale to cause him trouble

Comment

Good fight and I think Anderson could take it by stoppage. DeGale's defence is just posing, he eats far too many punches for the style to work and doesn't really have a plan B.

Can't throw a proper hook either, don't think he has the power to keep a fighter off him and someone like Anderson will just walk him down. Very lucky to escape with a win over Wilczewski.

He got beaten when Groves made him go on the front foot and he doesn't look good at all on the back foot. I think DeGale's limitations will soon be realised.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerbreadman View Post
          Oooooh, this should be fun. Having said that, I hope a better Anderson turns up than the one that looked appalling against Reid. Genuinely think a motivated Anderson is capable of landing enough on the porous DeGale to cause him trouble
          I agree Anderson was pretty terrible against Reid and would stand no chance if he turns up like that.

Could be an entertaining fight though but would still fance DeGale to win.

Comment

Really like this fight. Anderson is always value for money. I hate that he gets labelled a poor man’s Steve Collins, trust me, you wouldn’t say that to his face!

Top fight, but DeGale should pull through with little concern. I see this being similar to the DeGale / Smith fight. Levels. Say what you like about DeGale but the natural talent is in there, it just proves a little hard to extract, but he’ll get there. Still think he’s a price pr!ck though.

Comment

Great fight, and just validates the fact that there will undoubtably eventually be a Groves/DeGale II (or III, however you like to look at it).

Comment

Originally posted by ddangerous View Post
                Great fight, and just validates the fact that there will undoubtably eventually be a Groves/DeGale II (or III, however you like to look at it).
                Not if Anderson sparks him but that's probably just wishful thinking, can't stand DeGale

Comment

Interesting fight, expecting a decision win for DeGale.

Comment

Best fight channel 5 will ever see if true.

Comment

Working...
                    X