Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What can Pac do to counter JMM's strategy?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not respect him as much and throw more than one shot aside from the jab into a straight left. The thing is Pac knows what Marquez is going to do so its hard changing that. He already knows JMM will counter him with a combination so Pac shows him a lot of respect. At this stage of the game he should drop a little of that respect and go right at him. Pac I feel has more in the tank. It's all psychological... He knows Marquez is smarter so its clearly hard for him to initiateas boldy as with others.

Pac showed to a lesser degree the same thing with Shane and admitted to it. That the threat of being countered by someone fast made him hesitate. Jmm isnt a fast, but his timing more than makes up for it. I think Pac could win be ko if he threw a bit more cuation to the wind when he attacks and becomes a bit more defensively aware.... Instead of cowering back with his gloves up...
    Last edited by NearHypnos; 10-30-2012, 06:18 AM.

Comment

He felt the pace in the 3rd fight, is carrying more muscle, and will simply wilt under a combination of the power, pace, and pressure Pacquiao can put on him. Something like what Pacquiao did to Bradley rounds 2-6.
      I agree Pac has to up his pace and make the 40 year old Marquez feels his age but youve gotta question why Bradley did his good work vs Bradley in rounds 2-6 but then took his foot off the gas. Mannys recent fights suggests he is the whirlwind fighter he used to be and can no longer keep up that pave himself at his age.

Unlike Marquez' whos style allows him to go on into his late 30's. Mannys style was all about youth, vitality and energy and now thats going he doesnt have much skill to fall back on.

Comment

PAC does not have enough skill or ring iq to change his style or adapt on the fly it will be the same face first brawler we see every other fight with jmm,except this time jmm will make PAC pay even more for trying to fight smart

Comment

Originally posted by woopwoop View Post
          lmfao. that is exactly what jmm wants manny to do.

it's the only way he can win, man

did you see the first three fights?
          and did you see what happened when he employed your strategy (giving up on being aggressive, evidently,) for the third?
          Last edited by New England; 10-30-2012, 07:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
            No way in hell does Marquez get stopped, I would bet anything on that. People may think I'm crazy, but if anybody is getting stopped it's Manny. With each fight Marquez has adapted and adjusted more and more to everything Manny does in the ring, he knows him completely at this point. Look at the third fight, who cares what the "official" decision was, Marquez won that pretty comfortably (9-3, 8-4). I honestly think this 4th fight is only going to get worst for Manny, which has me puzzled why he's even taking this 4th encounter in the first place.

the third fight was the most lopsided (i had marquez 9-3 and i've had hiim 8-4)

and how did manny fight?
            he tried to box and he lost. he looked bad

why would you do that again?

his periods of success in these fights have been when he/s been able to force the action and force exchanges. he can hurt marquez. marquez CAN be stopped. he's goign to go down one of these days and he won't get up

unfortunately, i think the wars have really caught up with pacquiao. he's nowhere near the fighter he was in '09. he's more depleted even than marquez.

being aggressive, hurting, and stopping marquez is the way to win the fight. i don't think that he can, but that's his best shot. he does not want to try and box again. we've already seen that fight.

i dont get at all what's so hard to understand about that. why expect another result?

Comment

well he can start by getting this design on his boxing boots.

photo taken from Oscar De La Hoya's personal shoe collection - 3,000

get carried into the ring in one of these for further emphasis. just look how tough Joffrey looks on one.

----

I agree with those that say he needs to be more aggressive, intelligently. I'm not much a fan of switching stances during a fight, but MAYBE he could try fighting Marquez from an orthodox stance...entirely if it works, or switch southpaw when it's evident it isn't working. feint a straight right, set up left hooks. a perfectly timed left hook might be the trick early in the fight. more body work, too.

Marquez is so acquainted with Pacquiao it's tough to offer advice behind a computer and take yourself seriously, but that's one thing I'd at least consider in the gym against similarly styled opponents, just to see how much power i can generate from my power hand, stance switched. that's just an idea, I would advise against it unless he can actually fight orthodox comfortably and effortlessly.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                it's the only way he can win, man

did you see the first three fights?
                and did you see what happened when he employed your strategy (giving up on being aggressive, evidently,) for the third?
                lol i thought you were just playing with me on your previous comment, i did not know you were serious.

anyways, Manny never employed the strategy i mentioned and i never said anything about giving up on aggressiveness. the strategy i mentioned does not suggest giving up on aggressiveness or letting up on offense, in fact i think Manny should still pressure Marquez, and the only few times i see Manny giving up on aggressive offense is on the first round or two of the third fight when he was also waiting to counter. and we all saw that did not work.

Comment

Not fight him?

Comment

The only thing Pacquiao can do is, remain under contract to Top Rank and hell be protected by Arum. If he makes any noise about possibly leaving or not renewing his contract he won't have his favorite judges there to help. The Bradley fight is proof of that...

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                      He needs to assault JMM from the get go and force his old ass to fight at a fast pace non stop.
                      In 3 fights against Marquez, Pacquiao has averaged 600 punches thrown Including 580 in their last fight, which is the least amount of punches he's thrown in the trilogy. This average is opposed to Pacquiao's 800 punches thrown against every other opponent, who of course do their best impression of a punching bag and are stationary targets, with little to defense[except Bradley].

The reason why Pacquiao does not fight a fast paced fight against Marquez is pretty simple; He can't. Marquez has never let him, and he won't let him now. He is not a stationary target, he moves around, he counters, makes Pacquiao pay for his "weird angled" punches.

Comment

Working...
                      X