No announcement yet.

Best and worst American accents by British actors

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Demise View Post
    But when they make a splash they cause a tsunami.

I'm in the mood for some American-English love.

i feel like having my big gold American **** polished

SHIT ON EVERY OTHER COUNTRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
      If Hollywood was located in London, then you would have American actors going over there and doing great British accents.

It's just the simple fact that American movies are the biggest and pay the most so in order for you to be successful, you better learn how to speak like a yank.
      That's a very naive and stupid thing to say.

The UK has always been the best place for acting. Hollywood is for mainstream films, it's where all the glitz and glamour is at. But in this country our actors/actresses normally work in theatre which improves their ability tenfold.

It's like this..

Cuba > America in terms of quality boxing. But boxing is bigger in America, so the Cubans go over there to make their name.

America is just one big advertisement space and people from all around the world travel there to make a name for themselves.

I can't really go into it too much as I have a lack of knowledge in this field, but our talent is undeniable. I'm sure American actors/actresses could learn a thing or two from being on the stage.

Comment

Originally posted by MidnightSpecial View Post
        i feel like having my big gold American **** polished

SHIT ON EVERY OTHER COUNTRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        Give me some ammunition on your surrounding countries so I may beat them into submission.

Didn't Cuba have a toilet paper shortage?

Comment

The UK has always been the best place for acting. Hollywood is for mainstream films, it's where all the glitz and glamour is at. But in this country our actors/actresses normally work in theatre which improves their ability tenfold.

It's like this..

Cuba > America in terms of quality boxing. But boxing is bigger in America, so the Cubans go over there to make their name.

America is just one big advertisement space and people from all around the world travel there to make a name for themselves.

I can't really go into it too much as I have a lack of knowledge in this field, but our talent is undeniable. I'm sure American actors/actresses could learn a thing or two from being on the stage.

Amateur boxing quality, yes. Pro and Ams is apples and oranges. Cuba is set up for am only...

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit ♠ View Post
            Amateur boxing. Pro and Ams is apples and oranges. Cuba is set up for am only...
            Yes, but look at the talent that comes out of Cuba.

Whether it's AM or not, it's still better than what the USA produce.

Comment

It's like this..

Stupid? No, sorry but your logic is idiotic.

Nobody is talking about quality, that wasn't even the argument and you failed to see the basic logic in what I said. There are many great British actors, there are also great American actors, that's another argument.

The fact that there are more British actors that can do a good American accent is exactly what you said and you missed it.

Since America makes the MOST movies, then more people from around the world will come here to make a living, it has nothing to do with quality. There are great American movies, and crap American movies but there are MORE.

So Australians, Brits...people from all over the world come here, learn the language and do American accents to get jobs. If the mecca of movie making was in London, then it would be the other way around.

It's really that simple.

As far as quality, pound for pound yes, British actors are great to come from such a small island but you can argue the best actors in the history of movie making have come from America.

By the way, Cuba has had great amateurs, not so great pro's. The U.S has been the greatest country in boxing history and it isn't even close.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
                Stupid? No, sorry but your logic is idiotic.

Nobody is talking about quality, that wasn't even the argument and you failed to see the basic logic in what I said. There are many great British actors, there are also great American actors, that's another argument.

The fact that there are more British actors that can do a good American accent is exactly what you said and you missed it.

Since America makes the MOST movies, then more people from around the world will come here to make a living, it has nothing to do with quality. There are great American movies, and crap American movies but there are MORE.

So Australians, Brits...people from all over the world come here, learn the language and do American accents to get jobs. If the mecca of movie making was in London, then it would be the other way around.

It's really that simple.

As far as quality, pound for pound yes, British actors are great to come from such a small island but you can argue the best actors in the history of movie making have come from America.

By the way, Cuba has had great amateurs, not so great pro's. The U.S has been the greatest country in boxing history and it isn't even close.
                Forget about accents, I'm on about how many great actors/actresses we create. Of course the American film industry is bigger than Britain's, it's the biggest in the world. I never said any different.

Boxing is still boxing, whether it's amateur or not.

Who do you think are the greatest actors/actresses?

Comment

Hugh Laurie gets my vote for the best. By far.

Comment

Give me some ammunition on your surrounding countries so I may beat them into submission.

Didn't Cuba have a toilet paper shortage?
                    Canada

GO!

Comment

Forget about accents, I'm on about how many great actors/actresses we create. Of course the American film industry is bigger than Britain's, it's the biggest in the world. I never said any different.

Boxing is still boxing, whether it's amateur or not.

Who do you think are the greatest actors/actresses?
                      I mean that's tough to say. If you look at the greatest films ever made according to most film buffs, most of them are American but I think it's a matter of debate.

There have been many great American and British actors, it's hard to say. Definitely British actors are more classically trained and have a history of theater work but so do Americans since Broadway is the highest level of theater work you can do.

Really who cares, as long as there is still quality actors and movies being made.

Comment

Working...
                      X