Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Coach: How is Canelo 160 Champ at De La Hoya's Ring?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
    It was a joke cause you tried to make one.

And he will fight GGG if they dont price themselves out.

Youre a GGG fan. His whole career you guys have been patient for just 1 legit fighter. A few more months wont hurt
    Canelo wont make money anywhere else right now. He better not price himself out.

Comment

Originally posted by Face Of Boxing View Post
      Canelo wont make money anywhere else right now. He better not price himself out.
      Dont really care what they make. I just know what GGG is asking is too much and they will price themselves out if they continue pushing for that

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
        It was a joke cause you tried to make one.

And he will fight GGG if they dont price themselves out.

Youre a GGG fan. His whole career you guys have been patient for just 1 legit fighter. A few more months wont hurt
        You're right. I won't quit my day job I really hope GGG gets to fight someone that will give him competition. Maybe Jacobs? Canelo would if Oscar lets him.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
          oh lord another person who literally has no clue what lineal means. Lineal has NOTHING to do with Ring they didn't create it and everyone who acknowledges Lineal status has Canelo ranked number 1. And of course you can still hold lineal status regardless if someone else holds a bunch of paper belts that were not won in the ring. THAT'S THE ENTIRE POINT OF LINEAL STATUS! To be the man you have to beat the man and it supercedes any of the alphabet belts. He will hold his lineal status until he is beat or he does not fight in that weight class permanently any more. Ring has always allowed fighters to have fights in multiple weight classes and retain their rankings. See chocalitito right now and see Floyd and Manny over the years. Most famously Floyd holding 154 Ring ranking status despite going 2 years from when he won a title at 152 catchweight until he retired. That entire time he fought strictly at 147 and held ranking in both weight classes.
          My bad. I thought Ring Magazine started naming lineal champs in 2001, after not doing it for a few years. Also don't BoxingScene and CBZ have their own lineal champs sometimes disagreeing with Ring?

Comment

Originally posted by ruedboy View Post
            My bad. I thought Ring Magazine started naming lineal champs in 2001, after not doing it for a few years. Also don't BoxingScene and CBZ have their own lineal champs sometimes disagreeing with Ring?
            Yes indeed. The Ring has additional criteria, like the champ needs to defend vs a top 5 contender in 18 months or such, which is why Adonis and Rigo were stripped. This is good but clearly not good enough.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
              The Champion does not schedule a fight at his championship weight for 18 months (even if he fights at another weight).
              This is the Ring rule in force here...
              Wasn't the Khan fight at MW (technically)?

Comment

The Champion does not schedule a fight at his championship weight for 18 months (even if he fights at another weight).

Originally posted by sirron000 View Post
                Wasn't the Khan fight at MW (technically)?
                Of course...
                Canelo is OK related to the Ring rules... I only cited the specific rule which let him stay champion...

Comment

Team GGG are some salty ass bitches. What's the problem here?

Comment

Sorry off topic but had to share HAHAHAHA!!!!! Canelo vs Smith PPV only made alittle over 250,000! Canelo fans please refrain from using A-side excuse with PPV numbers like that! I advise you fans to encourage GGG vs Canelo!

On the topic:
                    How in the **** do you vacate a belt @ 160lb and become ring magazine's 160lb belt champion????? all i can say is sus!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Scott. Weiland View Post
                      Champion moves to another weight class ! You must have missed that one right, have you a selective reading issue ? I haven't to expect a reply have I !
                      Oh no I always reapond to idiots at least one time. Why don't you try reading the entire post you dimwit. You know where it says, if the fighter doesn't schedule a fight in his weight class for 18 months then in parentheses it says, even if he fights in another weight class. Thanks for playing, now go back to your dunce corner. And by the way your response is even more idiotic because you came off as if I was defending Canelo, lol simpletons on nsb.

Comment

Working...
                      X