Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have Wladimir reach the levels of Lennox Lewis? Is he already better?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Wlad still has a very vulnerable chin, like someone already said he is more limited offensively because he needs to protect it. Also he has never had the best stamina.

Against some of the great heavyweights in the 90's like Tyson, Holyfield, Bowe, Lewis, and even Moorer he could completely unravel in my opinion. He is not going to be able to just control those guys at a distance round after round, they were fast, strong, and could take a big shot, Lennox was known to be a little chinny, but he was not nearly as vulnerable. I think Wlad would be competitive whilst it lasted, even outbox some of these guys in parts, and there is always a chance he lands a big shot but at that level I don't think he could take the heat. Even someone like Bruno would give him hell, he was no mug.

Comment

Bias poll, i rate Lewis very very highly up there with the greatest HW of all time. Wlad will never reach that level. If they ever fought Lewis would win by KO

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
        Easily!!!!

My friend, why do you always post in the positive about anything Klitschko but never back it up?

Comment

Now lets see, an out of shape past-it Lennox stopped the better Klitschko brother in six. And Vitali's little sister is supposed to hang with Lennox.....how exactly?

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
            I think Wlad still has a very vulnerable chin, like someone already said he is more limited offensively because he needs to protect it. Also he has never had the best stamina.

Against some of the great heavyweights in the 90's like Tyson, Holyfield, Bowe, Lewis, and even Moorer he could completely unravel in my opinion. He is not going to be able to just control those guys at a distance round after round, they were fast, strong, and could take a big shot, Lennox was known to be a little chinny, but he was not nearly as vulnerable. I think Wlad would be competitive whilst it lasted, even outbox some of these guys in parts, and there is always a chance he lands a big shot but at that level I don't think he could take the heat. Even someone like Bruno would give him hell, he was no mug.
            Great Post.

May I add in my theory? This current version of Wladimir imo beats everyone you list other then Lewis. But the reason Wlad has been able to get to the ATG Levels that he is at now is because of 1-Manny Steward and 2- A Weaker Era compare to the 90's.
            In other words, in this era, Wladimir was able to come back from the huge career setbacks of Brewster and Sanders because the competition isn't quite as lethal as the 90's competition. If something like a SANDERS or Brewster happened to Wladimir during the 90's era, he would have been fed to the wolves. Ala a comeback Prison Tyson, a Ruddock or a Prime Golota.

Now can this current prime version of Wladimir destroy Golota? Of course, but I admit that the version of Wlad that fought Sanders would have been knocked out.

Wladimir has reached his full prime and potential, something that I doubt he would have been able to do if he was fighting amongst the 90's heavyweights.

Comment

Originally posted by ussy View Post
              Bias poll, i rate Lewis very very highly up there with the greatest HW of all time. Wlad will never reach that level. If they ever fought Lewis would win by KO
              The only way for me to be more critical of Wlad is to straight out troll him. I already said he won't be as good as Lewis, resume wise. I already admit he's in a weak era. I just feel he's getting closer and closer to Lewis by the day. He is aiming at a non moving target.

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
                Now lets see, an out of shape past-it Lennox stopped the better Klitschko brother in six. And Vitali's little sister is supposed to hang with Lennox.....how exactly?

Poet
                You write in purple, I like that. You seem like an genius of a man. That being said, there is no way in ****ing Hell, Vitali is the 'better Klitschko'. The only thing the overrated Vitali has is an chin made of granite. (Even that is debatable)
                Vitali was beaten by an old fat past prime out of shape Lennox, that was the best I ever seen Vitali and he was losing Rounds 4 5 and 6. Lewis would have knocked him out if the fight wasn't stopped.

Current Wladimir dominates any version of Vitali

Comment

Originally posted by UnicornGirl View Post
                  Wladimir has reached his full prime and potential, something that I doubt he would have been able to do if he was fighting amongst the 90's heavyweights.
                  Actually, what Wlad has reached is the point in his career where his opponents are bottom-of-the-barrel level. Sorry, but Wlad hasn't been getting better the past few years, his opponents have been getting progressively worse with each fight.

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by UnicornGirl View Post
                    You write in purple, I like that. You seem like an genius of a man. That being said, there is no way in ****ing Hell, Vitali is the 'better Klitschko'. The only thing the overrated Vitali has is an chin made of granite. (Even that is debatable)
                    Vitali was beaten by an old fat past prime out of shape Lennox, that was the best I ever seen Vitali and he was losing Rounds 4 5 and 6. Lewis would have knocked him out if the fight wasn't stopped.
                    Vitali didn't get sparked by a pro golfer. End thread.

Poet
                    Last edited by StarshipTrooper; 07-23-2012, 09:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
                      Vitali didn't get sparked by a pro golfer. End thread.

^^^^^ Hey! Wlad Ownz aka DOMINATION is back! Get ready for "The Facts" :hahahaha9:

Poet
                      That guy is vladimir23 on the East. He's a joke of a poster and a racist to boot. I call it like it is.

Prime Lennox will beat Vitali in a very competitive fight Probably by UD, something like 7-5.
                      Prime Lennox vs Current Wlad is a 60-40 fight. Lewis is still the favorite, but just slightly. Come on you guys can't hate the Kbros that much...

I mean it's not like I'm a typical Kbro fan that comes in and start yelling like

'VITALI RETIRED LENNOX' WAH WAH WAH. I know Lewis was old and going to retire anyways. Why should he give a rematch to someone he tko6ed? I fully respect Lennox's decision to retire. He also would have won that fight, Vitali was losing an eye and the doctor saved his career and possibly his vision.

Comment

Working...
                      X