No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tommy Morrison's Son Demolishes Ed Latimore in One Round

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
    This guy gets a lot of praise for what? Look at who Dereck Chisora was fighting by this time. By his 20th fight he was in the ring with Fury, Helenius, Haye & Vitali Klitschko. There is no doubt they will keep him smashing tomato cans like they did with his father. The Klitschkos & Wilder did the same thing.
    I don't see him getting too much undue praise. The kid comes from a boxing bloodline, those of us that enjoyed watching his father would just like to see him do well.

Given his late start I think he's showing some good things and Roach is clearly improving him little by little. No need to rush him or expect him to be a top prospect yet.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
      This guy gets a lot of praise for what? Look at who Dereck Chisora was fighting by this time. By his 20th fight he was in the ring with Fury, Helenius, Haye & Vitali Klitschko. There is no doubt they will keep him smashing tomato cans like they did with his father. The Klitschkos & Wilder did the same thing. They were smashing overmatched opponents until they had over 30 fights. The same thing will happen with Trey Lippe. I compare Lippe to Tye Fields. A guy with no amateur experience entering boxing in his mid 20s. He will smash cans like nothing with the power but what will happen when he faces a guy who can hit him back with a little boxing skill? Think what Monte Barrett did to Tye Fields. Until I see how he handles legit journeymen I won't rate him... Nagy Aguilera would be another good test. That is a guy with lots of loses who scored a few upsets but has been matched very hard in his career.
      That's the difference between us,you cant see the difference between a Tye fields and Trey Morrison. Of note I just was sparring with other guys who did not know Trey Morrison was actually boxing,they seemed to agree with me ,some of these guys have fought Wilder and some others. Not sure why its hard for you to determine skill when you NEED evidence otherwise??? Its kind of like me trying to prove " dark matter" exists ,which NO one can,but they know it does...lol

of smashing cans...you obviously don't really know how this sport works not everyone is on the same time length,my HW PRO long time friend's son fought in N.Y tonight at cruiserweight,he is not very good at all RIGHT now compared to guys you like to compare him with like a holyfield however he is NOT on anyones time length.........The same thing COULD happen to Morrison but it will not be to a less than talented guy,the guys you are comparing really had nothing in my view this SHOULD be obvious.
      Last edited by juggernaut666; 09-24-2016, 07:11 PM.

Comment

He looks to have serious power, needs to work on his skills, but seems like a fresh add to the heavies.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
          That's the difference between us,you cant see the difference between a Tye fields and Trey Morrison. Of note I just was sparring with other guys who did not know Trey Morrison was actually boxing,they seemed to agree with me ,some of these guys have fought Wilder and some others. Not sure why its hard for you to determine skill when you NEED evidence otherwise??? Its kind of like me trying to prove " dark matter" exists ,which NO one can,but they know it does...lol

of smashing cans...you obviously don't really know how this sport works not everyone is on the same time length,my HW PRO long time friend's son fought in N.Y tonight at cruiserweight,he is not very good at all RIGHT now compared to guys you like to compare him with like a holyfield however he is NOT on anyones time length.........The same thing COULD happen to Morrison but it will not be to a less than talented guy,the guys you are comparing really had nothing in my view this SHOULD be obvious.
          He has no amateur experience so that is why he will get a feast of underwhelming opponents for now. What exactly has he shown the world of boxing? In 12 fights he has feasted on nobodies. I'm not saying he won't be good but it is pretty early to jump on a 27 year old boxer's bandwagon when he has done nothing. I like Tommy Morrison & I hope his son will do well but I just don't see it right now. I know exactly how it works. I know that a guy with no amateur experience & is 27 is going to fight a lot of nobodies for a few years. He will learn more in some training camps with Roach then he will in fights. The next great white because he beat Ed Latimore

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
            I don't see him getting too much undue praise. The kid comes from a boxing bloodline, those of us that enjoyed watching his father would just like to see him do well.

Given his late start I think he's showing some good things and Roach is clearly improving him little by little. No need to rush him or expect him to be a top prospect yet.
            I agree with you that he is showing some good things. He threw a few nice double jabs & looks to have some power but I think it's a little early to be jumping on his wagon as a great prospect. He has a good team around him but the Mid-South/Mid West is a pretty notorious region for building padded records. As I said in other posts let us see what he does when legit journeymen fire back. They will keep him active & he will gain experience through every training camp & fight. Ed Latimore may have had 50 amateur fights but that 13-0 was a padded record in the same Mid south/mid west region. Guys like Brian Minto, Dan"the businessman" Murphy, Dicky Ryan, Damon Reed & Rob Calloway who were all decent trialhorse & journeymen fighters built up their records in this region. Once they stepped up things didn't go as well...
            Last edited by joe strong; 09-24-2016, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Trey Lippe seems to have some raw talent mixed with his fathers athletic abilities. I'm enterested to see where his future lies but it will be an exciting story

Comment

I think Trey suffers the same fate as his dad probably by someone not as good as Ray Mercer.

He can punch and his form is not too bad but he is a 6'2" heavyweight with about average reach for the size, even if he can punch above that weight him reaching someone like Joshua or Wilder to make them feel that power is very long odds.

Comment

Thanks for that.

Comment

Doesn't Tommy Morrison's son have a name?

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                      I think Trey suffers the same fate as his dad probably by someone not as good as Ray Mercer.

He can punch and his form is not too bad but he is a 6'2" heavyweight with about average reach for the size, even if he can punch above that weight him reaching someone like Joshua or Wilder to make them feel that power is very long odds.
                      I agree with you to a certain extent. He is the same size as Povetkin and their are people here that will tell you he can rule the roost. He has the right trainer and i cant really say anything beyond that because the hw division has giants roaming in it now days. Im really curious why people talk about Wilder though, Joshua puts him to bed inside 2 rounds.
                      Last edited by Sun_Tzu; 09-25-2016, 01:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X