Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Since Trinidad was caught CHEATING against Hopkins....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
    Yes i agree,,,
    Didnt every fighter get to inspect his wrapping before the bouts,, its standard procedure,,,
    Im pretty sure oscar had them watching when tito wrapped his hands,,,
    Hopkins is the only one to call him out,,

Bouie's story does make it sound really shady, but who knows if he even said it, or it really went down like that..
    Like i always say dont let facts get into the way of a good story
    People are always trying to downplay his power.

Comment

Tito didn't get caught cheating, Margarito did.

Comment

Felix went 2-2 after the Hopkins re-wrap incident. Now for those of you who say without the illegal wrapping...those two losses were to Roy Jones at 168 and Winky Wright at 160.

Comment

Originally posted by ElMeroChingon View Post
          Without the the illegal Wrapping in his left hand(which was his best punch:left hook), How good would he be without his loaded left hook?

we saw how bad he looked against OLD Hopkins after they caught Trinidad cheating with his wraps.

Personally i think without the wraps he would get KO'd By ODH and Vargas, he literally was nothing withou his cheating wraps, like he did against Hopkins.

Bofore the Trinidad FIght, Fernando Varga's team was also warned about Trinidad illegal wraps.

Here's an interview

Interviewer:"I talked to William Joppy before his last fight and he brought up an issue that Trinidad's people wrapped Tito's hand illegally and that is why he lost. He said that your people caught Trinidad illegally wrapping his hands. Can you tell us what happened?

Bouie Fisher: I tell you, Ike. They have been getting away with that for a long time. I sent my people to Trinidad's locker room to make sure everything was right. When they got there they came back to me and told me that Trinidad's left hand was wrapped before they got there. So, I had to go over to his dressing room myself, this is my business and I have been doing it for over 50 years. When I got there I told them to unwrap the hand and do it over because we need to see the hand being wrapped. They refused to unwrap the hands so I told them I guess the fight will not happen then, we can reschedule to another date. The officials came in and said we don't have time to do this over. I told them, well we must do this right or no fight. They know the rules, no tape on the skin or tape on the ankle. His left hand was heavy just like your camera. Guess what, the officials then said you can go and wrap Bernard hands anyway you want. Trinidad's father and his people didn't want to make the change because they knew they cheated and they tried to cover it up by asking me to wrap Bernard's hands anyway we wish. I wasn't going for that, we have to do this right, they raised hell like you couldn't believe. I said you can do it your way, but there will be no fight if you don't do it right. They said we are going to leave it as it is, so I told them we can reschedule the fight untill next week. They didn't want to do that. This is why we had a delay coming out. When they saw Bernard they tried to ask us to take off just a little tape, but they had a half roll of tape on Trinidad's left hand. This is why people say he has a good left hook. David Reid paid a big price, Trinidad took away the fighter in him. David Reids people were trying to schedule a fight with Bernard and it could have happened if Reid would have won his last fight. I'm glad it never happened."

What a SCumbag, and they knew what they were "doing" all this time.
          Can't argue against it. He brought up on himself. Him and Tony both. Margs is still worst though cuz he had actual plaster.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
            Felix went 2-2 after the Hopkins re-wrap incident. Now for those of you who say without the illegal wrapping...those two losses were to Roy Jones at 168 and Winky Wright at 160.
            What was Margarito's record after his incident?

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
              He went 1-3.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                To be fair to tony,, he was a pressure fighter and those guys have short shelf lives,,, look at hatton and rios,,, margarito fought much longer than both those guys,

Mosely was the one that finally banged him out,, and once that happens to pressure fighters they rarely if ever regain form,, just like frazier after the foreman fight...

then Tony took a horrific beating from manny and was completely done as a top legit guy...

Cotto beat him, when tony was basically one-eyed.....

Comment

Tito didn't get cought cheating. If he was legit cheating they would have suspended him for it. Adding extra gauze isn't going to increase anything. They just tried to frustrate Tito and his team by being little babies about some extra gauze, all strategy on Hopkins side. Adding extra gauze isn't compairable to plaster blocks that margarita tried to get away with. Close to stupid thread.

Comment

Don't Feed The Troll!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Basco View Post
                      Don't Feed The Troll!!!!
                      Lmao. You are so right!

Comment

Working...
                      X