Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

David Haye rules out WBC fight against Vitali Klitschko in Ukraine on safety grounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Haye rules out WBC fight against Vitali Klitschko in Ukraine on safety grounds

Haye is champing at the bit to fight Vitali after losing his WBA crown to Klitschko's younger brother Wladimir in Hamburg last year.

He subsequently retired only to return to beat fellow Briton Dereck Chisora in July.

And the 31-year-old Londoner is now eyeing a clash with the older Klitschko - on the proviso the fight takes place in Germany.

He told SportBild: ''I've never been to Ukraine but I have heard it's very dangerous for a black man.

''There are crazy racists who have already sent me death threat

''So Germany would be the best and safest place for me to beat Vitali and get out of the stadium alive.''

The Klitschkos usually fight in Germany due to television deals but Haye is unimpressed with their choice of opponent.

He added: ''He (Vitali) has promised the world so many times that he could knock me out. That is rubbish.

''I'm too fast, too sexy and too talented to be blown away by a large, slow robot from the Ukraine.

''I think the fight Haye against Vitali Klitschko is the only heavyweight fight the world wants to see.

''I am not interested in fighting against 50 wimps like the Klitschkos do.

''I want the big fights that no fan wants to miss.

''Vitali likes to compete against boxers who have no chance of winning.

''Then he tries to fool his TV station RTL and the rest of the world, that he is fighting good opponents. I can only laugh.''
    www.telegraph.co.uk

'I'm too fast, too sexy and too talented to be blown away by a large, slow robot from the Ukraine.

lmfao

Comment

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=566940

Comment

vitali is on the run, its official.

Comment

It should be in a soccer stadium in Germany. It'd easily attract 70-80 thousand.

Comment

''Then he tries to fool his TV station RTL and the rest of the world, that he is fighting good opponents. I can only laugh.

Hmmm, Audley Harrison?

Comment

Vitali Klitschko would be unwise to give this undeserving creep another big payday.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                Vitali Klitschko would be unwise to give this undeserving creep another big payday.

Why? It'd arguably be the largest payday yet for Vitali.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                  So he'd take a hit in his own pocket just to spite Haye?

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                    So he'd take a hit in his own pocket just to spite Haye?
                    Vitali already has a lot of money. He doesn't need any more.

And it would be ethically wrong for Vitali to go along with Haye's con game, and take advantage of the poor British fans who long for a HW champion.

Let's not forget what happened in Haye's fight with Wladimir.

Comment

Working...
                    X