Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sensitive Sally

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
      Dawson's got this. Hopefully Hopkins goes the distance and then rides off into the sunset. It would be sad to see him leave with a KO loss.
      Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
      Bats in with his prediction.

Everyone bet on the opposite.
      Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
      Oh yeah. I'm always wrong on Hopkins, but sooner or later he'll lose right?
      Batt = schleprock

Comment

I was very skeptical about that injury. It looked like Hopkins usual bantering to the referee about perceived fouls; a strategy that is part of his craft. I take the technical with the cheap stuff when it comes to Bernard- a future hall of famer.

B-Hop is one of the guys that got me into boxing. Not all his fights have been pretty, but he's a real dude and a lot of his antics have cracked me the **** up over the years.

My instincts and brain tell me, of course, that B Hop can't keep doing this, and he might have even looked spooked in the early part of the 1st fight, but he's the executioner! I might never get to root for him again. So I am, and here's the logic I'll throw behind his chance of winning:

Chad Dawson, while young and skilled, isn't the beast some of his fans are making him out to be.

That Pascal fight was just, sub-par, honestly- and I'm not trying to be a hater, because Dawson is alright in my book, but he didn't exactly walk over Ol' Ass Glen Johnson, either. Not the way a superstar should of- and, yes, I know Johnson is a solid fighter; I've seen him dozens of times.

So, I think Dawson is a young, solid fighter- possibly a champion who can reign dominantly for awhile in the division- but I'm going to say the dirty tactician finds a way to squeak out a razor thin decision, riding off into the sunset like a boss.

Bernard Hopkins by SD
        Last edited by Njord777; 04-27-2012, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SekondzOut View Post
          the word of the night is gonna be "SHOCKED".....B.Hop KNOWS what he has to do..I can see Ex FIGHTING the young boy at some point and forcing him to back up and giving up the control of the pace.....the key is to make the oldman fight when he doesn't want to...Chad and Scully and those dudes ALREADY knows this...the thing is this, what good is plan that you can't implement?!? ....Chad has to go outta character to implement that sort of plan imo....Calzaghe can flow all night...100 punches per round in his sleep.....is that Chad?!?....Jermaine had a back hand(right hand) that HAD to be respected....does Chad's back hand(his left) demand the same respect?!?....overall I think Chad's style is better than theirs and I believe Ex will need some time to figure out the math and then once he has that equation on lock he'll dictate policy and control the terms on when they engage and not

Chad will have to up the ante imo and throw in a twist....if he thinks he's gonna just go AC and outwork Ex by pressuring him then he'll be SHOCKED by the time the 5th round ends....I expect Chad to win the first 2 or 3 rounds with his front hand and pressure...but slowly Ex will find his range wit the right hand and begin to change the weather in there....trust me....Ex is gonna FIGHT him

when Ex come at him I expect Chad to have a mental breakdown from the SHOCK attack....I expect Scully to studder at some point in the corner due to the SHOCK treatment his man is gonna be getting in there...and I expect HBO to ride B.Hop's jock for the sake of SHOCK value....and all the boxing brains who thought Boyz II Men was singing "End of the Road" in Ex's ears will have to stick their finger in the electric socket before they type their next article....just to add the SHOCK touch to a SHOCKINGLY unforgettale night we're about to witness in AC....B.Hop wins a close UD...a SD is probably more likely if you'e seeing it for Ex...but I see him impressing ALL 3 judges and getting a UD...7-5
          That is the most precise fight predition I have seen on boxing scene yet.Good job and I hope you are right.

Comment

Dawson by UD, and a ZzzzzzzzzZZZZzZZzzzzzzZZZ fight.

Comment

My heart says B-Hop by SD.

Comment

Going for Bernard in a close decision.

I think it'll be a competitive fight but Hopkins will dictate the pace, and rough Dawson up in spots. There will be a few scary moments for Hopkins fans, but he'll do enough to get a decision. Speaking of which, i hope the judging is good for this fight, i'd hate for this to be like Hopkins-Pascal I

Comment

Dawson via close UD.

Comment

Originally posted by SekondzOut View Post
                    when Ex come at him I expect Chad to have a mental breakdown from the SHOCK attack....I expect Scully to studder at some point in the corner due to the SHOCK treatment his man is gonna be getting in there...and I expect HBO to ride B.Hop's jock for the sake of SHOCK value....and all the boxing brains who thought Boyz II Men was singing "End of the Road" in Ex's ears will have to stick their finger in the electric socket before they type their next article.
                    Damn right! That's exactly what's gonna happen. Dawson mentally checks out when the going gets tough.

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
                    my nig is one of the best 175lbers ever, belive that. chad dawson will go down in history as one of the greats
                    Then what does that make Pascal?

Comment

Originally posted by fceeviper View Post
                      Dawson by UD, and a ZzzzzzzzzZZZZzZZzzzzzzZZZ fight.

The most realistic preduction i read so far.

Comment

Working...
                      X