Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's up with all these Russian war games?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's up with all these Russian war games?

They keep invading NATO territory, NATO is actually assembling a QRF (quick reaction force) and they keep testing UK air zones.

IMO they are excercising a drill, just keep testing how far they can actually get without a confrontation.

In short: I think we will be at war with Russia in 10 years

lol didnt they invade georgia not that long ago too like a few years back lol, they dont give a fuck.

Comment

Originally posted by Daylyt View Post
      lol didnt they invade georgia not that long ago too like a few years back lol, they dont give a fuck.
      Lol I'm not sure; but they really don't give a ****

And they are best friends with China. We're ****ed, the Cold War is still going and it might get hot soon.

Comment

I wont be fighting in any wars, not my fight

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky... View Post
          I wont be fighting in any wars, not my fight
          I won't get drafted either because I served.

Have fun guys!

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post

And they are best friends with China. We're ****ed, the Cold War is still going and it might get hot soon.
            they did lol back in 08
            http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...on-begins.html

I won't get drafted either because I served.

Have fun guys!
            what the cut off age for draft?

Comment

I honestly have no idea who I'd root for in a war. I'm not Russian but I like Russian fighters, if a war breaks out I'll betray the US and flee to Russia and root from there.

Hopefully, it never happens though. Wars are no joke.

Comment

There will never be another war again between "superpowers." Ever. Because if there is, it's basically the end of humanity.

So maybe there will be another war.... But this time nobody will be alive to talk about it.

Comment

Sure they do, as in give a fcku

1) There will never be a NATO Vs. Russia conflict. Too much too loose, and absolutely nothing to gain.

2) China and Russia are friends as long as the US wants that to be the case. China is just as friendly with the US.

China is the biggest threat to Russian sovereignty, this is discussed in academic and political circles out in the open and never denied even by the Russians.

If anything it is in the interest of the US and Russia to ally in order to curtail Chinese power.

Current Russian government is solely interested in solidifying its power indefinitely and to be able to export its energy resources for foreign currency.

All these conflicts with Georgia and Ukraine and initiated for internal Russian consumption for its own population to reaffirm themselves as a "strong and powerful nation that is respected globally" that is something Russians believe and something they need to be told as that is the basis for the existence of the Russian state, and has been historically, they like to be feared.

So they continue to fight these little proxy conflicts that they know they can more or less get away with to show their own masses their greatness and military strength.

The only issue is that the fiasco around Ukraine has heavily backfired and the Russian currency has lost 40% of its worth this year and the sanctions are hitting their economy hard and economically speaking **** is looking very bleak for them.

All this military posturing is done for the sole purpose of getting a response from the West and using that response in their propaganda machine to tell their own people that everyone is out there to get them, same way it was with 80 years of communism. With this established, they centralize power further and keep people in.

The Russian economy was destined to fall from the get go. It is entirely dependent on oil prices and nothing has been done to diversify its economy for more than 20 years of Russian independence. No reforms took place to diversify the economy and the budget is still 60% reliant on energy exports.

So knowing that sooner than later energy prices would drop to to shale gas and push towards green energy they needed to find an excuse to explain why the economy is **** and why people don't have as much money as they used to.

So what do you do? You drag yourself into some conflicts and get your ass sanctioned. The Russian public eats up these conflicts and believes that they had noble roots. But now they West is punishing them for liberating their "Russian speaking brothers and ethnic Russian territory (Crimea was never ethnic Russian or Ukrainian for that mater, its ethnic Tatar territory) so hence the hardships as the result of Western punishment of Russia's noble battles.
                  Last edited by Banderivets; 12-05-2014, 03:13 PM.

Comment

lol they are surrounded by Nato in places that was not too long ago part of their empire or under their sphere of influence. If anyone is being aggressive its Nato meaning western Europe and the United States. Imagine if Russian led organizations had military bases located in Canada and Mexico. I promise you there'd be a lot more than just war games going on now.

Comment

Working...
                    X