Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Name a fighter that you think could have DECISIONED Prime Roy Jones.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name a fighter that you think could have DECISIONED Prime Roy Jones.

At supermiddleweight/light heavyweight?........................errrrrrrrr

I dont want to get stick for this but I dont think Spinks, Moorer, Charles, Moore, Greb, Tunney, Carpentier or Foster could.

My closest bet would be a trimmed down Floyd Patterson at light heavyweight...........but he didn't have enough workrate or defensive skills for me to favour him. He could get close to Roy for handspeed and combinations though and possibly the edge in power.....but a decision win, naa!

Montel Griffin had the best gameplan for outboxing Roy, he did a very good job in their first fight, moving back, countering, picking aggressive moments when Roy was on the ropes but not getting carried away, lots of feints and good energy conservation..........this fight gets forgotten for everything bar the ending. Archie Moore may have had a fair stab at this type of fight.......but I wouldn't favour him.

Comment

Ezzard Charles

Comment

Could have? At MW I think Hagler, Nunn or Winky were all good enough to have at least a decent chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
          Could have? At MW I think Hagler, Nunn or Winky were all good enough to have at least a decent chance.
          You beat me to it. Michael Nunn, a guy Roy should have fought at 168, I believe, would've been an extremely tough fight for him, especially at 160.

Comment

depends on the weight.i dont think anybody at m.w has a chance.at lhw though,i like holyfield,moorer,spinks and possibly qwai

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
              Hagler couldn't decision SRL how is he going to decision RJJ?

It's impossible to pick who could decision a guy like RJJ because his style was so unorthodox and different there was really no way to figure him out which is why in his prime he was unbeaten and as good as unbeatable.

Comment

Originally posted by CarlosG815 View Post
                Hagler couldn't decision SRL how is he going to decision RJJ?
                Hagler was past-prime then, a lot of people thought he deserved the decision, SRL and RJJ are not the same fighter etc.

Comment

In 15 rounds i would give Ezzard Charles a good chance to win a decision.

Gene Tunney would be a interesting fight.I think in 15 rounds that Gene would have a good chance to win a decision as well.

Comment

He's not that experienced at MW and LHW is a very deep division.

Comment

Working...
                    X