Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is your favorite up-and-coming heavyweight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

price but he's gona have to protect his chin, its made of glass

Comment

Seth Mitchel if he learned to keep his left hand up.

Comment

they are all pretty damn bad, frankly.

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
          I would say Price, but he's way too inactive. He's been matched-up against garbage opposition, too.
          Price could be the best, but I agree he really should be fighting more often at this stage of his career, especially since he's knocking people out early.

Wilder isn't fighting good opposition, but at least they are keeping him active.

Sampson is doing an excellent job with Abdusalamov, he's been fighting regularly. Sauerland has done a good job of developing their HWs.

Denis Boytsov (who has been healthy since April 2010) is been ruined by inactivity and mostly poor, short-notice opposition. He'll fight another bum in October. His promoter says Denis will be matched against a top contender in Moscow in December, but I doubt it.

Comment

None of these guys get me excited. The division looks like it will continue to be stale. I hope Im wrong.

Comment

i root for jennings and fury. jennings because he's from the northeast. and fury...i just think the dude is funny. everytime i read or hear an interview i usually get a good laugh from him. i was digging helenius for awhile but after that chisora fight i started disliking him. i know it's not his (or any other fighters') fault how the judges score it, but it makes me wanna see the guy lose next time out.

speaking of helenius, where is he? i know he injured his hand, but it's been almost 10 months.

Comment

Originally posted by gauze View Post
                i root for jennings and fury. jennings because he's from the northeast. and fury...i just think the dude is funny. everytime i read or hear an interview i usually get a good laugh from him. i was digging helenius for awhile but after that chisora fight i started disliking him. i know it's not his (or any other fighters') fault how the judges score it, but it makes me wanna see the guy lose next time out.

speaking of helenius, where is he? i know he injured his hand, but it's been almost 10 months.
                He'll be back on a Sauerland card in November.

Comment

I wonder who Bryant Jennings' opponent in December will be?

I read a while back they are going to have him fight a fringe contender.

Someone like Franklin Lawrence or Carlos Takam would be good.
                  Last edited by The Hammer; 09-30-2012, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Price for me. Good height, great power, solid skillset.

Pulev, Mitchell and Jennings are ones to watch as well. Maybe Helenius if he isn't too badly affected by his injury.

Wilder and Boytsov are write offs for me at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by nomadman View Post
                      Price for me. Good height, great power, solid skillset.

Pulev, Mitchell and Jennings are ones to watch as well. Maybe Helenius if he isn't too badly affected by his injury.

Wilder and Boytsov are write offs for me at this point.
                      Price is very good, but he hasn't been fighting as often as he should be at this stage in his career.

Comment

Working...
                      X