Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bob Arum turns 80, has promoted over 11,500 Boxing cards, what did he do for boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Simply Zyzz View Post
    fuk him.... make no mistake about it, he does this because its business and makes him money, dont sit here and tell me he actually gives a **** about the sport... at least when oscar talks you hear it in his voice that he is genuine about caring about boxing and its future
    Do you expect an ignorant crapper like Oscar to speak and intone the same way that a Cum Laude Harvard Graduate and Attorney-General Kennedy laywer would speak, who has said the same things over and over maybe a million times..../ Have some sense man.

Comment

Originally posted by Simply Zyzz View Post
      fuk him.... make no mistake about it, he does this because its business and makes him money, dont sit here and tell me he actually gives a **** about the sport... at least when oscar talks you hear it in his voice that he is genuine about caring about boxing and its future
      And you watched as many of those 11,500 shows that you were able to...didn't you??? you're like "a dog in the manger'.... look it up, it's a once popular expression for people like you. Let the man enjoy his birthday.

Comment

You guys know that he's just doing his job right? He is a P R O M O T E R! He is a hype man. His job is to bend the truth and make things seem bigger and better than they are.

I have no issues with his job and what he does. Now the dumb ace fans, well thats another story.

Comment

Originally posted by savorduhflavor View Post
          He's never put a dime into the sport?

He puts on a TON of independent PPV shows...that's putting his own money on the line COMPLETELY. All in an attempt to get fighters who the networks won't buy exposure. How many Ivan Calderon, Humberto Soto, Nonito Donaire(until recently) fights would we have been able to see without those shows?

The man may be greedy and conniving, but he has done A LOT for the sport.
          Like I said, don't confuse business with helping boxing. Look at what boxing has become as him being the main promoter.

Comment

I'm not a big arum fan..but bob has made boxing what it is today love him or hate him..without him none of us would probably be watching boxing

Comment

Originally posted by xxjace View Post
              I'm not a big arum fan..but bob has made boxing what it is today love him or hate him..without him none of us would probably be watching boxing
              Exactly. Boxing is **** today compared to what it use to be.

Comment

Originally posted by welcometosaigon View Post
                There's no way that number is accurate. 11,500 cards comes out to a card EVERY SINGLE DAY for 31.5 years!
                His promotions are being held all over the civilized word, and have been for years. Here in Panama I see a Top Rank Promotion every Sat night free on TV. And there are others running concurrently all over the world. I'd bet he gives work to thousands of people. And as you heard (maybe) he keeps in close touch with his former fighters, with whom he is on excellent terms. The only 2 who have anything bad to say about him are 2 dogs, Mayweather and Oscar, both greedy and jealous, but who learned all they know about promotion and the boxing busiess from Arum.

Comment

11,500 is an incredible number. I would like to see a link to where you got that figure from.

That would mean having a boxing card EVERY SINGLE DAY for almost 32 years. How long has he been promoting for? 60 years?

Comment

Originally posted by deliveryman View Post
                    11,500 is an incredible number. I would like to see a link to where you got that figure from.

That would mean having a boxing card EVERY SINGLE DAY for almost 32 years. How long has he been promoting for? 60 years?
                    it IS a huge number, but I read it as individual bouts to maybe get closer to it

Comment

And it isn't his fault that floyd doesn't want to make the fight with him involved. Thats wifebeaters fault.

Arum, Pac, Roach, Ariza have been ready to make the fight since before the Clottey fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X