Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*New Vid RON PAUL Laying The SMACK DOWN!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by - v e t - View Post
    #1 and #2 have very little to do with economics... but im sure you knew that
    explain.

oh, and in science...people have different opinions too.

but im sure you knew that

Comment

I don't agree with Paul on ending all safety nets, particularly for working retirees. As in their Pension and Health Insurance. None of us can avoid getting old, and as flawed as Govt is, it beats fighting it out with Private Insurance Companies over your coverage when you're old and on your last legs. You may have the energy & stamina going to court and battling it out when younger, but not at 70 or older. Ron Paul has stated that the responsibilities of Government are to protect our liberties and Property Rights. Well then I'd suggest include protecting Senior Citizens from the profit driven Free Market system to that list of responsibilities. IF they've paid their dues, they deserve some certainty. It would require cutting everywhere else in the long run, but so be it.

But then again, that's not on top of his priority list as he has said. He has been quoted as saying that before cutting anything that the people need, he'd first get rid of all this Militarism around the world, and I agree. And besides, he would need Congress and Senate to get his way on that. Presidential power is limited in that aspect.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew BackAtacha View Post
        explain.

oh, and in science...people have different opinions too.

but im sure you knew that
        evidently you have your mind made up so what is the point?

roughly 99% of science is proven fact, not opinion....

i also used math as an example, but that didnt fit your cause so you neglected it

is 2+2=4 an opinion?

we could have discussed this maturely but its evident you're more interested in a pissing match

Comment

for the record, i think Ron Paul would be the 2nd best President for the economy after Hermain Cain,

Don't tell me you're actually sold on this phony.

His whole "Problem solving" catchphrase is the most phoniest thing I've seen.

Comment

Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post
            I don't agree with Paul on ending all safety nets, particularly for working retirees. As in their Pension and Health Insurance. None of us can avoid getting old, and as flawed as Govt is, it beats fighting it out with Private Insurance Companies over your coverage when you're old and on your last legs. You may have the energy & stamina going to court and battling it out when younger, but not at 70 or older. Ron Paul has stated that the responsibilities of Government are to protect our liberties and Property Rights. Well then I'd suggest include protecting Senior Citizens from the profit driven Free Market system to that list of responsibilities. IF they've paid their dues, they deserve some certainty. It would require cutting everywhere else in the long run, but so be it.

But then again, that's not on top of his priority list as he has said. He has been quoted as saying that before cutting anything that the people need, he'd first get rid of all this Militarism around the world, and I agree. And besides, he would need Congress and Senate to get his way on that. Presidential power is limited in that aspect.
            i like his idea of opting out of SS and whatnot... his model is based off of not starting with such a wickedly broken system. yes it would take a little bit of time and it is very fragile to undo a lot of it. and yes, we dont have to worry about it for a good while if we dramatically reduce our military spending....

Comment

Don't tell me you're actually sold on this phony.

His whole "Problem solving" catchphrase is the most phoniest thing I've seen.
              a 4 point plan, correct?

or was it 7

Comment

a 4 point plan, correct?

or was it 7

Yeah, lets have him do a powerpoint presentation assessing the Risk/reward ratio to every scenario taken. And tell us how he would hire the best experts to consult and advise him on which direction to take.

Then try to come off as an expert by telling us about lowering this Tax rate a few percent, and lowering that rate a few percent.

And top it off with some Muslim bashing red meat. Ridiculous.

Comment

evidently you have your mind made up so what is the point?

roughly 99% of science is proven fact, not opinion....

i also used math as an example, but that didnt fit your cause so you neglected it

is 2+2=4 an opinion?

we could have discussed this maturely but its evident you're more interested in a pissing match
                  Lol, your the one using aggressive tone initially, i just continued

is that mature? nah, its not, your right

anyway, the thread is about Ron Paul, but I'm sorry, that sentence in bold doesn't make sense lol. What the **** is science then? fact? fact is science? so what are experiments then? fact? Come on man. I know what your saying but phrase it better, especially when your jumping over me for what I'm saying

I'v never made my mind up, I'm open minded and someone presents an argument and i agree then i will change my mind, but I'll defend my stance and not flip flop until shown the light

Comment

Yeah, lets have him do a powerpoint presentation assessing the Risk/reward ratio to every scenario taken. And tell us how he would hire the best experts to consult and advise him on which direction to take.

Then try to come off as an expert by telling us about lowering this Tax rate a few percent, and lowering that rate a few percent.

And top it off with some Muslim bashing red meat. Ridiculous.
                    while he is a little different than traditional neocons, he's not much better IMO

he was for TARP i believe as well....

Comment

Lol, your the one using aggressive tone initially, i just continued

is that mature? nah, its not, your right

anyway, the thread is about Ron Paul, but I'm sorry, that sentence in bold doesn't make sense lol. What the **** is science then? fact? fact is science? so what are experiments then? fact? Come on man. I know what your saying but phrase it better, especially when your jumping over me for what I'm saying

I'v never made my mind up, I'm open minded and someone presents an argument and i agree then i will change my mind, but I'll defend my stance and not flip flop until shown the light
                      i meant it to the tune of 'science' as in the traditional sense of biology/chemistry/physics. i should have been more specific and not used such a generalization. yes, a poor choice of words on my part

my main point is, what did it matter my 'qualifications' because qualifications are very relative... ben bernanke is 'qualified' to run the federal reserve supposedly, using a generic example. that sort of questioning is a turn off to discussion... had you asked for clearer explanation or the basis of these views it may have went differently

i digress

Comment

Working...
                      X