Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chagaev Talks David Haye, Povetkin, WBA, Boxing Politics

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Chagaev Talks David Haye, Povetkin, WBA, Boxing Politics

The situation around the WBA heavyweight championship remains uncertain as the next opponent of the reigning beltholder David Haye (25-1, 23 KOs) is still to be announced. Ruslan Chagaev (27-1-1, 17 KOs), who won the WBA eliminator over Australian Kali Meehan last year, is listed as the World Boxing Association's mandatory challenger, while rumors have it that undefeated Russian power hitter Alexander Povetkin (21-0, 15 KOs), ranked #2 by the WBA, can get the inside track to the champion. BoxingScene.com/Allboxing.ru contacted Chagaev to know more about his current feelings and thoughts in this exclusive conversation.

[Click Here To Read More]

Interesting comments from Chagaev, once again making it clear how full of shit the WBA and Sauerland are.

Comment

i agree with chagaev. if he has earned the right to be the mandatory challenger then he should get his shot. the WBA were happy for him to fight in an eliminator, then they should force the champion to fight him or strip the title. if that means haye has to fight outside of britain, then why cant he do that? take the fight to vegas or something. it isnt right to skip him for povetkin

Comment

Sauerland wants to Povetkin fight Haye.

The WBA should never have stripped Chagaev and given the title to Valuev in the first place.

Comment

The fight will happen potvetkin is just as scared as haye to fight real competition haye probably thinks chagaev is easy pickings but hes tougher tjen potvetkin

Comment

Originally posted by Pirao View Post
            Interesting comments from Chagaev, once again making it clear how full of shit the WBA and Sauerland are.
            Yes, Chagaev is getting dicked around horribly and mistreated.

He is a former WBA champion who handed Valuev his first ever loss and who looked a lot better doing it than Haye did against a lesser version of Valuev.

He also had the stones to fight Wlad when Haye was busy ducking, and the fact that he got beat is no mark against him, at least he lost to the very best.

Chaggy deserves more respect than he is getting.

Comment

Originally posted by PRBOXINGCOTTO View Post
              The fight will happen potvetkin is just as scared as haye to fight real competition haye probably thinks chagaev is easy pickings but hes tougher tjen potvetkin
              In all fairness, judging on Chagaev's last fight he hasn't got the hunger for this anymore. He was terrible and some people would've even gone as far to give the decision to Travis Walker. He's lucky it was only an 8 rounder!

He may have earned his shot and Haye should defend but why is he allowed to continue fighting with Hepatitis B if it puts other fighters at risk anyway?

And finally, I'd much rather see Haye Povetkin, it'll be better for the sport and is one of few heavyweight match ups that I'd like to see.

Comment

Originally posted by toysale View Post
                In all fairness, judging on Chagaev's last fight he hasn't got the hunger for this anymore. He was terrible and some people would've even gone as far to give the decision to Travis Walker. He's lucky it was only an 8 rounder!

He may have earned his shot and Haye should defend but why is he allowed to continue fighting with Hepatitis B if it puts other fighters at risk anyway?

And finally, I'd much rather see Haye Povetkin, it'll be better for the sport and is one of few heavyweight match ups that I'd like to see.
                My impression was that Chagaev didn't take the Walker fight too seriously. How excited is he going to get about an 8-rounder with Travis Walker?

Even so, he still showed very quick hands and a solid chin in that draw, both things that can trouble David Haye.

The fact that Haye seems to prefer Povetkin over Chagaev tells me that Haye believes Chaggy is tougher as well.

Povetkin also doesn't have Chagaev's accomplishments as a pro, not even close -- Chaggy has the championship experience that could help him in a fight with Haye.

As for the Hep B thing, all Haye has to do is take a vaccination and he has virtually no chance of contracting it from Chagaev.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopperRead View Post
                  My impression was that Chagaev didn't take the Walker fight too seriously. How excited is he going to get about an 8-rounder with Travis Walker?

Even so, he still showed very quick hands and a solid chin in that draw, both things that can trouble David Haye.

The fact that Haye seems to prefer Povetkin over Chagaev tells me that Haye believes Chaggy is tougher as well.

Povetkin also doesn't have Chagaev's accomplishments as a pro, not even close -- Chaggy has the championship experience that could help him in a fight with Haye.

As for the Hep B thing, all Haye has to do is take a vaccination and he has virtually no chance of contracting it from Chagaev.
                  I didn't realise it was that easy to avoid to be fair but I still think Povetkin will be a better fight to watch although Chagaev would be better for Haye's resume.

We'll soon see what happens anyway, can't see Haye travelling to fight Chagaev so it's still likely to be Povetkin (unless WBA strips but I don't see that happening either).

Comment

Chagaev is a true athlet. He agreed to fight Klitschko on a very short notice. Haye and Povetkin first challenge the brothers, but end up running away from Klitschkos for the last 2 years. I really hope that WBA will either strip Haye's belt or force Haye fight Chagaev in whatever country. But WBA is WBA...

Comment

Working...
                    X