Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo Alvarez vs. Victor Ortiz Possible For September HBO PPV?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow everyone thinks Ortiz wins. I don't. Canelo by late round stoppage.

Comment

This would be awesome! I hope GBP makes it happen!

Comment

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
        On common sense I'm going to doubt it. Golden Boy is pretty stupid about their matchmaking, but this stupid?? We'll see I guess.
        Speaking like a true boxing fan, heh?

We've been negated great fights over the years time and time again that we're surprised and get all excited when a potential great fight is made.

I hope GB is true to their word and become the anti-TR, and give us the best fights possible even if it means risking their cash cows.

Comment

oh man!!!...I was watching last weekend's Showtime card and saw Oscar in the crowd sitting next to Cinnamnon....then during the Tarver fight I saw Vic sitting in that same seat Cinny was in....so Vic was chopping it up with Oscar, and I told my homie , Vic SHOULD be asking to get at Cinnamon in September...I swear!!!!...when asked about a fight btween him a Cinny a while ago...Vic laughed and said Cinny was GIVEN the WBC belt...he didn't fight anybody to be a champion...shots fired!!...that vid is on youtube some where!!

Comment

Originally posted by joesaiditstrue View Post
            Canelo stops Ortiz in about 9 rounds, I'll put up all my points if anybody can match. (All my points on Canelo winning by KO, RD9 is just a guess)
            You're right on the money.

Comment

Wouldn't surprise me, they don't want it with Trout.

Comment

It depends on how Ortiz carries the weight, if he doesn't carry the weight well he'd get pushed back by Canelo and stopped. Ortiz is not a fighter that likes going backwards. If he carries the weight well, it would be a competitive fight.

Comment

Cant Canelo fight someone who isnt signed or promoted by GBP? Am sure there are fighters out there dying to get that opportunity, Not that a Ortiz fight is bad but its too soon IMO.

Comment

Ortiz can carry the weight fine. He was 164 lbs in fight night against Floyd. He's basically a MW or SMW on fight nights.

Alvarez vs Ortiz is a damn good fight in my opinion. Doubt it happens though. i think we could see Khan vs Ortiz in November. Khan wants Mayweather, and Golden Boy wants to make Khan-Mayweather, and the only way Khan is going to get the fight is by beating a Top WW like Ortiz.

Comment

Originally posted by SekondzOut View Post
                      oh man!!!...I was watching last weekend's Showtime card and saw Oscar in the crowd sitting next to Cinnamnon....then during the Tarver fight I saw Vic sitting in that same seat Cinny was in....so Vic was chopping it up with Oscar, and I told my homie , Vic SHOULD be asking to get at Cinnamon in September...I swear!!!!...when asked about a fight btween him a Cinny a while ago...Vic laughed and said Cinny was GIVEN the WBC belt...he didn't fight anybody to be a champion...shots fired!!...that vid is on youtube some where!!
                      He also talked s**t and said he wasn't impressed with the Mosley win at all.

I say make it happen, it's a very good fight, and it's not Ortiz can't fight at 154. He's already a big WW, comes in over 160 on fight nights.

Comment

Working...
                      X