short aggressive and powerful fighteres

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    Get well soon McGoorty.
    Thanks Iron Dan Hamza and Battling Nelson, two blokes I always enjoyed in this forum and forum friends to boot. Maybe I can do a Darcy and KO that cancer but it's about prolonging life as long as possible, its an evil disease lads. I intend on living as long as I can, only 50 years old now and I want to average 99.94 like Sir Donald Bradman did in cricket.

Comment

Originally posted by McGoorty View Post
      Thanks Iron Dan Hamza and Battling Nelson, two blokes I always enjoyed in this forum and forum friends to boot. Maybe I can do a Darcy and KO that cancer but it's about prolonging life as long as possible, its an evil disease lads. I intend on living as long as I can, only 50 years old now and I want to average 99.94 like Sir Donald Bradman did in cricket.
      You're a young man, young and strong you'll have no issues beating it like when Darcy knocked out George Chip.

I'm 54 so we're both young men not just you

Comment

Be well Mcgoorty. Wishing you a speedy recovery. I am the big 50 myself....One of my friends in San Francisco is a 90 year old who is finishing his BA up....He always says the same thing when we meet: "Darrell i just can't decide what I want to do when I grow up."

Comment

Originally posted by donE85hot View Post
          im big fan of watching Mike Tyson and Ruslan Provodnikov. both guys are fairly short for their wight class and also have KO power. I like watch how they get on the inside and throw hooks.
          can you guys give me some more examples of fighters like this.
          One guy to catch on Utube is the archetypical short swarmer....and considered by many the alterego of Sugar Ray Robinson. Homicidal Hank.... The great Henry Armstrong.

Sugar Ray, poetry in motion with his untelegraphed exploding hands, his dance like ring machinations and then there was Hank, a guy some consider as great a fighter, certainly a guy many rank in the top 5 of all time.....Short, squat relentless, like a pitbull who never lets go. Hank never stopped coming and throwing punches.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            You're a young man, young and strong you'll have no issues beating it like when Darcy knocked out George Chip.

I'm 54 so we're both young men not just you
            Nice reference the mate, old Chip was blasted bigtime in that fight. Thanks for the support you guys.

Comment

Dwight Braxton fits the description.

Comment

Les Darcy the great middleweight was 5 feet 7 inches tall and his reach was if I remember correctly 6 feet 4 inches (or 6 / 4 and a half ) I am going from memory here. He was incredibly powerful and strong and tough and was also very fast on feet and in the hands, was never knocked down and was also very aggressive, clever and could go full speed for 20 rounds. It's nice to pop in here after such a long spell, I have cancer in a few places so not sure how often I can get on here, I hope all my old friends are all well.
                Wishing you a full recovery McGooty. Stay strong!

Comment

Pascual Perez
                  Guty Espadas
                  Santos Laciar

Espadas ripping hooks puts Tyson to shame. :yep:

Comment

Dempsey at 6' fought small most times.
                    Marciano at 5' 11" also fought small.
                    Frazier who was short for a heavy at 5' 10"!
                    Tyson was just barely 5' 9 1/2" and fought out of a crouch.
                    Quawi was 5' 8" at 175 to 190 and fought low with a nice variety of punches.

If yoiu have the talent to move inside taller fighters than your height becomes the advantage. It takes effort and an understanding of distance and foot placements.
                    Ray

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
                      Dempsey at 6' fought small most times.
                      Marciano at 5' 11" also fought small.
                      Frazier who was short for a heavy at 5' 10"!
                      Tyson was just barely 5' 9 1/2" and fought out of a crouch.
                      Quawi was 5' 8" at 175 to 190 and fought low with a nice variety of punches.

If yoiu have the talent to move inside taller fighters than your height becomes the advantage. It takes effort and an understanding of distance and foot placements.
                      Ray
                      Many sources list Dempsey as 6'2". That is a sizeable disparity. Do you think he was either, or somewhere in between? If Willard was 6'6" and Dempsey was 6'2", Jess must have had elevator shoes on.

Comment

Working...
                      X