Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Pacquiao could do this to Cotto, what do you think Mayweather is gonna do?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Pacquiao could do this to Cotto, what do you think Mayweather is gonna do?

I dont agree with the video title, because pac isn't really counering his jab.. cotto is just completely open for the straight left and pac is throwing it anytime he has an opening.

The point is Floyd is faster than Pacquiao and Cotto is slower at 154. I don't see how anyone thinks cotto has a chance.

I know it's different with a southpaw, but I still see Floyd hooking and crossing cotto to death.

Originally posted by Even Money View Post
    I dont agree with the video title, because pac isn't really counering his jab.. cotto is just completely open for the straight left and pac is throwing it anytime he has an opening.

The point is Floyd is faster than Pacquiao and Cotto is slower at 154. I don't see how anyone thinks cotto has a chance.

I know it's different with a southpaw, but I still see Floyd hooking and crossing cotto to death.

Pac is shorter than Mayweather, shorter reach and IMO not as physically strong. This fight is going to be easy for Mayweather....actually Clottey was whooping Cottos azz and should have got the W in that fight.

Comment

Easy win easy money.. Anyways off topic but that vid shows just how big the size different is. Just look at PAC compare to cott🎱..

Comment

I'm going to bet on Cotto if odds is right. Hope Cotto's fight will make me some moolah again.

3D LED, oh my...i'll donate the plasma to some lucky pactar.d if i win this!

Comment

Originally posted by Atreyu Khalil View Post
          Pac is shorter than Mayweather, shorter reach and IMO not as physically strong. This fight is going to be easy for Mayweather....actually Clottey was whooping Cottos azz and should have got the W in that fight.
          In all honestly do you believe pac fights with stacked hand wraps?

Comment

Both Pac and Mayweather have different approaches. The reason Pac got off is because He throws punches in bunches with speed behind it. Being Cotto is an offensive minded fighter, he exchanged and got hit in the exchanges.

Floyd fights completely different. Similar to Cotto, Floyd doesn't waste punches. So right from that point, I don't think Floyd is going to be as overwhelming as Manny was. Cotto, though isn't as fast as Floyd, I believed is being overlooked when it comes to timing. If Cotto can double / triple the jab consistently throughout the fight, Floyd's not going to depend on the ever popular pull counter. He'll land lead right hands, but I don't see him throwing a right hand, followed by and uppercut or left hook. If you watch Floyd's most recent fights, it's one punch then out of the way. Also considering he's moving up in weight and is using 8oz gloves, I expect him to use his speed, be a bit more on the move in this fight trying to do the same to Cotto, one punch, hold, get out of the way.
            Last edited by RL_GMA; 03-12-2012, 01:24 PM.

Comment

mayweather will not be able to brutalize cotto like pacquaio did, but the fight will be just as lopsided as it was for pacquaio.

Comment

Originally posted by Teri View Post
                In all honestly do you believe pac fights with stacked hand wraps?
                huh? What kind of question is that? I never said Pac uses stacked wraps

and to answer your question...NO

Comment

Yeah, Mayweather will capitalize much more than Pac did on the counter punching. I hope Miguel has an answer for that.

Comment

cotto wont get beat up but nonetheless floyd will win.

but something is telling me floyd wont dominate cotto easily. cotto doesnt do well with power punching pressure fighters, it takes away his timing. and cotto's a good counterpuncher himself w/ decent speed as shown in the first few rounds against pacquiao, until he folded to the pressure.

but floyd doesn't apply continuous pressure as marg or pac does, so miguel has the luxury of creating his own timing and sitting down on his countering skills too. thing is, this is where floyd is best. nonetheless still i think cotto will put up a good fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X