Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Vitali Klitschko "dominate" Lennox Lewis?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
    This really was a terrific fight, the last great heavyweight clash. Vitali whooped Lennox's ass the first two rounds, but it evened out the rest of the way. Both guys took some hellish punches.
    ^^^

This. Lewis looked awful early on, and Vitali was landing almost at will. That said, I felt Lewis was taking control before the stoppage and Vitali, aware of the damage Lewis had inflicted, looked spent going back to his stool at the end of R5/6.

In short: A GREAT FIGHT!

Comment

• ridiculous fight. I barely knew who Vitali was. Pretty even after 6 I'd say though.

Comment

• I had Lewis winning 2,3,4,6

Comment

• He certainly did. A lucky escape for Lennox.

Comment

• Great fight!

I had Vitali 4-2 after 6. I think if they continued there was a big probability Vitali would suffer from the permanent eye damage.

Without cut I don't believe Lennox would be able to keep up with the tempo for all 12. His stamina looked very bad after 6. Vitali was exhausted too, but no so much as Lennox IMO. I think Vitali was playing on that card, but it turned out to be the bad tactics. As soon as he got cut he needed to go all offense no matter what.

Great fight. IMO it would always be a close fight between these two.

Comment

• Feels appropriate to bump this.

Comment

• I thought he was doing great, certainly ahead. We'll never know what couldve been. However I think Vitali put fear into the heart of Lewis, he retired before ever giving him a rematch.

Comment

• Originally posted by VicariousVice View Post
                  I thought he was doing great, certainly ahead. We'll never know what couldve been. However I think Vitali put fear into the heart of Lewis, he retired before ever giving him a rematch.
                  I don't think Lewis was scared, this is the same man that was brutally KTFO by Rahman and immediately wanted a rematch, same with McCall. Lewis was an old man and he knew it, just too lazy and old to get back to his old self. Lewis said **** it and retired.

Comment

• The best VK probably but not conclusively beats LL, that's where the evidence points... FACT!

Comment

• Originally posted by Elroy1 View Post
                      The best VK probably but not conclusively beats LL, that's where the evidence points... FACT!
                      Yeah, there's real strong evidence.

Comment

Working...
                      X