Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The all new, Mayweather/Pac Master Discussion Thread - The fight that will never be.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After all of the robberies that have taken place this year I'm surprised people would expect Mayweather to say otherwise...then again I really shouldn't be surprised considering the people that post on this site.

Comment

• Floyd is a great fighter. That being said, he does cherry pick his opponents.

Comment

• Originally posted by PBP View Post
        It's not really adding up. Pacquiao in an interview earlier in the year asked for 50/50 in their phone convo. Now he's saying he asked for 55/45 in that same convo? Plus, I don't really care what comes out of Manny's mouth because Arum has final say and until I see Arum cosign 55/45, I don't believe it.

And I have admitted for the longest time that Floyd hasn't helped matters in making the fight happen, but let's not act like Floyd was the one waiting for a temporary stadium and investors from Singapore.
        truth.....

Comment

• *Sigh* People have a hard time understanding certain things because they look at it through the eyes of a peasant.

Winner gets 60% is essentially betting 20% of the purse on your victory. In the Mayweather v Pacquiao fight that would amount to upwards of 10 million. Important rule of gambling is not to let your ego influence financial decisions, same applies to any investment really.

Things can happen in the ring, clash of heads forcing a TD, premature stoppage, freak knock out, robbery etc. We've seen enough controversial decisions over the years for people to know better. Even if Pacquiao beats him fair and square from a business point of view he shouldn't receive the bigger slice. Mayweather beat De La Hoya fair and square who was paid more? Pacquiao beat De La Hoya fair and square who was paid more?

The end of the day sensible business comes before you ego, especially when you're dealing in the millions.

Comment

• Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
            I wouldn't be surprised if there was a trend in Pacquiao's lies. They seem to surface right around the time he has a fight coming up...
            Right on time! What makes it pathetic is nobody even cares now. All falls on deaf ears.

Comment

• Hurry up and fight him Floyd, they're doing another bs hype train.

Comment

• Floyd Never or Rarely Talks About The Pacquioa Fight When Signed To Fight Another Opponent.

Team pacquiao Always Does This

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by davis828 View Post
                    Right on time! What makes it pathetic is nobody even cares now. All falls on deaf ears.
                    You see if Floyd were to come out and say something like "when me and Pacquiao were on the phone he asked me, what would happen if the drug tests came up positive"

If Floyd would say something like that, nobody would believe it which is why I really don't believe what Manny is saying.

I don't believe what person A would say about person B and vice versa, when they don't like each other

Comment

• Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
                      I wouldn't be surprised if there was a trend in Pacquiao's lies. They seem to surface right around the time he has a fight coming up...
                      The trend is to bring up Mayweather in order to drum up interest in whatever fight Pacquiao is currently promoting. I've counted at least 6 different occasions where Pac, Roach, Koncz, and Arum have mentioned Mayweather since they've announced the Pac vs Marquez fight.

I'm really getting tired of this broken record. Arum, Pac, and Mayweather need to all cut the b.s. and get it done.

Comment

Working...
                      X