No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: King Sits With Mayorga, Discusses November K9 Shot

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: King Sits With Mayorga, Discusses November K9 Shot

Don King held a meeting with former two division champion Ricardo Mayorga, and Nicaragua's President Daniel Ortega Saavedra, to plan a potential November event in Managua to honor the late Alexis Arguello. The event would fall on a mid-November date, and IBF 154-pound champion Cornelius "K9" Bundrage has been mentioned as a possible opponent. Ortega spoke at length with King, swaping stories and discussing the importance of a sport like boxing to Nicaragua, which has had 10 world champions.

[Click Here To Read More]

How does he kep getting these shots...lol i like the guy but im pretty sure he was paid to quit in the Cotto fight...

Comment

Mayorga has as many lives as Judah does. No matter how many times he gets KO'd he always finds himself back in title matches.

Comment

good for k9, he can finally get a "high profile" fight

Comment

i thought Mayorga siad he was done after the Cotto fight?

Comment

Originally posted by STRUGGle View Post
            Money talks, also K9/Mayorga could possibly be fight of year candidate. Two fighters who love to bang. I like it! I see a war between these two.

Comment

he probably needs the money to provide for all his kids lol

Comment

I'd be for this fight. I see a good-to-great war happening. Only if Mayorga comes into this fight in game shape. Is K9 motivating enough of a fighter for Mayorga to get up for? Cotto, Trinidad, DLH sure, but K9? We'll see.

If he is in shape, I see him getting K9 out of there in 8

Comment

Originally posted by STRUGGle View Post
                  Mayorga's a circus act and this fight is being considered clearly as a "show". It would be fought in Managua, Nicaragua to honor the late, great Alexis Arguello.

Comment

Originally posted by El.Naranjito707 View Post
                    he probably needs the money to provide for all his kids lol
                    LMAO! Mayorga got 50K for his Cotto fight.. By the time he is done this year, dude can make 300K, more than Pavlik..LOL... All i know Don King is doing his thing for Mayorga... Guy gets more title shots than any ranked boxer I know.. Freakin HIlarious...LOL! boxing is great!...

Comment

Working...
                    X