X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
    Exactly.

There is more risk NOT taking this offer. A long-term, $40 million guaranteed contract is very very rare in boxing. That is a lifetime of security. You're set for life. If he loses his next couple fights? So what, he's still making $40 million. However without any deal like that, if he loses a couple times his stock plummets big time. He's not going to make that kind of money.

Now of course, Broner is very marketable with his personality, people love him or love to hate him, so he potentially could make more than $40 million if he gets on a roll, wins some quality fights and gets himself into a few big time PPV's. This scenario though is much more unlikely, imo. Time will tell but perhaps 5 years from now he'll be kicking himself. He thinks still thinking he's about billions which is obviously hugely unrealistic. He's just not that great of a fighter.
    This is what I think too, Broner is good and has achieved a lot already (more than most will ever do) but I don't think hes good enough to put himself in the position to earn more money than that, this contract was a pretty good opportunity for him and I think somebody more humble would of bit RocNations hand off.

Comment

Working...
    X