No announcement yet.

Shannon Briggs unretired!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alx. View Post
    i like briggs, in his prime he was a beast really enjoyed watching him fight
    i think you are thinking of a different guy. in his prime he got knocked out by darrol wilson, robbed foreman, murdered by lewis, schooled by botha and mccline, and lost to journeyman sederick fields. but he did beat........................yea

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
      i think you are thinking of a different guy. in his prime he got knocked out by darrol wilson, robbed foreman, murdered by lewis, schooled by botha and mccline, and lost to journeyman sederick fields. but he did beat........................yea
      prime tyson got ko'd by douglas...your point?

he was a very exciting and entertaining fighter...also had asthma

Comment

Originally posted by Alx. View Post
        prime tyson got ko'd by douglas...your point?

he was a very exciting and entertaining fighter...also had asthma
        exciting maybe but a beast? tyson also beat holmes, spinks, berbick, tucker, williams, thomas, ruddock, bonecrusher, etc...hence he was a beast because he beat top fighters but briggs only knocked over tomato cans and lost every time he stepped up. that's not beastly to me. just kinda sad.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
          exciting maybe but a beast? tyson also beat holmes, spinks, berbick, tucker, williams, thomas, ruddock, bonecrusher, etc...hence he was a beast because he beat top fighters but briggs only knocked over tomato cans and lost every time he stepped up. that's not beastly to me. just kinda sad.
          you got a point but im not taking anything away from the guy dont get me wrong i wasn't comparing him to tyson or anything, his record may not be hof but he was a good fighter

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
            Briggs was once scheduled to fight Wlad. Emanuel Steward made a public comment that he was worried because Briggs was very dangerous and the next day Wladmir pulled out. This was before Briggs won the wbo title.

But yes Vitali did retire him even though Briggs came out of retirement to fight him in the first place.
            I hadn't heard that before...very interesting.

Comment

Working...
            X