No announcement yet.

How succesful can 50 cent be if GBP refuse to do buisness

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by michaelo12175 View Post
    first of all, al haymon is a manager, not a promoter. if he wanted to put on events and is so gotdamn powerful, he would have done that a long time ago before floyd. floyd hasn't even promoted his own fights on his own.

as far as 50.....he has no connections in boxing. not like GBP and Top Rank. he needs both of their fighters to make real money.

maybe he'll put some lame ass fights on BET or something.

50s music career is irrelevant now.

as far as acting, he did recently make a movie with robert deniro and forrest whitaker.........that went straight to dvd.

whatever man.
    Robert De Niro and Forrest Whitaker are doing straight to DVD movies with 50 Cent?

Comment

i saw a preview of one the other day. one movie, not movies.

anyway, if 50 and floyd can create a significant promo company, more power to them. but the likelihood that they will is meh.

floyd makes money. FLOYD....not his fighters.

so far 50 has gamboa and dirrell. gamboa has a bright future still, but too early to call him great. and dirrell is a fkn *****.....good luck with that.

people expect all of these fighters to jump ship and go with 50/floyd. well they can't just leave. THEY'RE UNDER CONTRACTS.

boxers are like rappers now. everyone wants their own label.

when GBP started promoting boxing, they did it under their own banner. they didn't co-promote ****.

it's a lot of work....that can be done. but people are overhyping this 50 cent, al haymon, floyd bull****.

if you want to make moves in boxing, you need the networks and you need gbp and/or top rank. ask lou dibella, goosen, gary shaw.

hbo or showtime aren't going to go with 50 just cuz he's 50. they need to make money.

we're not dealing with 2 methodical business minds here in 50 and floyd. neither graduated high school, come on.

they've both achieved great success in large part due to their unique talents (boxing and rapping). and the other part due to selling controversy. everyone in america loves a trainwreck.

[QUOTE=bojangles1987;12376108]Robert De Niro and Forrest Whitaker are doing straight to DVD movies with 50 Cent?

Comment

[quote=michaelo12175;12376150]i saw a preview of one the other day. one movie, not movies.

anyway, if 50 and floyd can create a significant promo company, more power to them. but the likelihood that they will is meh.

so far 50 has gamboa and dirrell. gamboa has a bright future still, but too early to call him great. and dirrell is a fkn *****.....good luck with that.

people expect all of these fighters to jump ship and go with 50/floyd. well they can't just leave. THEY'RE UNDER CONTRACTS.

when GBP started promoting boxing, they did it under their own banner. they didn't co-promote ****.

it's a lot of work....that can be done. but people are overhyping this 50 cent, al haymon, floyd bull****.

if you want to make moves in boxing, you need the networks and you need gbp and/or top rank. ask lou dibella, goosen, gary shaw.

hbo or showtime aren't going to go with 50 just cuz he's 50. they need to make money.

we're not dealing with 2 methodical business minds here in 50 and floyd. neither graduated high school, come on.

they've both achieved great success in large part due to their unique talents (boxing and rapping). and the other part due to selling controversy. everyone in america loves a trainwreck.

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        Robert De Niro and Forrest Whitaker are doing straight to DVD movies with 50 Cent?
        al hamony knows the business

Comment

[QUOTE=michaelo12175;12376150]i saw a preview of one the other day. one movie, not movies.

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          that 100 mil 50 got from vitamin water because he was a good rapper right?

Comment

actually no you dumb****. he got it because he made a great investment. not because he conceptualized "vitamin water" the company.

even with that, 50 cent has people around him who most likely advised him to make that investment.

you or i can get rich from making a good investment, dummy.

nice try though.

that 100 mil 50 got from vitamin water because he was a good rapper right?[/QUOTE]

Comment

More competition is better, don't underestimate Curtis Jackson (aka 50 cent). He is a pretty savvy business man. Rap Music started him on the road to wealth but his business investments is what really made him rich.

Despite my initial skepticism (mainly due to Mayweather and his LACK of control when it comes to money) I think 50 is smart NOT to let Floyd control the purse strings.

TMT's just needs to sign the talent and establish a good relationship with HBO,Showtime and other networks. Also DON'T rock the boat yet (be friendly with GBP/TOP RANK for now).

Comment

Originally posted by koffiekewl View Post
                My hunch is that 50 has done alot of home work.I used to wonder whats is in it for him after hanging out in Las Vegas all this years.I saw him come into light around the Dela Hoya fight when he lead Floyd into the ring.Having hesitated all this while, i have a feeling he has done his home work very well and seem to have spotted an opportunity that he will exploit.
                I haven't followed his career all that closely, but from interviews and such, .50 does seem to be this kind of fella.

Comment

Originally posted by KnockUTheFukOut View Post
                  Yeah but you forget about a guy who is close with Mayweather who actually has more Power in boxing then GBP and Top Rank...AL HAYMON...what if Al Haymon was to start moving his fighters to TMT Promotions? THEN WHAT?

I don't think either side need to go that far, I think another Promotion is great so for Promotions to start building up Animosity Towards each other would be STUPID and very bad for the Sport of Boxing and most importantly THE FANS!

But worse case Scenario if things go bad, Mayweather have Cotto II as well as Sergio Martinez whom neither are signed with either Promotion and DiBella, Gary Shaw, Goossen...as long as the money is right they don't care about "KEEPING THINGS IN HOUSE", other then Canelo, GBP really don't have no fighters to get Mayweather now...who else? Robert Guerrero?

Also Andre Berto when he returns, they could go international as well, but fighters Contracts eventually expire, you can always take fighters a way, guy would gladly say to hell with GBP and Top Rank for a Huge Pay Day With Mayweather! What happens if Pacquiao was to somehow become a Free Agent and they end up making that fight without GBP or Top Rank? Just Saying!
                  This right here^^^^^^^^

Also Haymon’s power extends beyond Mayweather, though. He represents other prominent boxers, including Andre Berto, Paul Williams and Jermain Taylor, along with younger prospects like Adrien Broner and Gary Russell Jr. Haymon spreads those fighters among various promoters and steers clear of long-term contracts

Comment

They would fail. They need GBP.

GBP promotions will work with them though. They have Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by michaelo12175 View Post
                      first of all, al haymon is a manager, not a promoter. if he wanted to put on events and is so gotdamn powerful, he would have done that a long time ago before floyd. floyd hasn't even promoted his own fights on his own.

as far as 50.....he has no connections in boxing. not like GBP and Top Rank. he needs both of their fighters to make real money.

maybe he'll put some lame ass fights on BET or something.

50s music career is irrelevant now.

as far as acting, he did recently make a movie with robert deniro and forrest whitaker.........that went straight to dvd.

whatever man.

Promoter, Manager or Both?

Most major professional sports leagues vet athletes’ representatives. In boxing, however, anyone can call himself an adviser, and lines are crossed often, without consequence. A fighter’s representative once phoned Xavier James, the former HBO executive, from a correctional facility.

Haymon is licensed in Nevada as a manager, yet he also performs many of same functions as promoters, his associates said, putting him in a legal gray area and perhaps in violation of the Muhammad Ali Boxing Reform Act, passed in 2000.

Pat English, a prominent boxing lawyer who helped draft the legislation, said it was intended to clearly separate promoters and managers.

Promoters assume the financial risk for an event, select the site, rent the ring and pay insurance. The less they pay any one fighter, the more they make. The manager is beholden to an individual boxer, not the card. In practice, the two should act as a counterbalance.

Haymon, though, appears to operate as a hybrid, said James, Bob Arum of Top Rank Boxing, and seven others with direct knowledge of Haymon’s business dealings who spoke on the condition of anonymity for fear of retribution in future negotiations.

“I don’t think it’s a gray area; some do,” James said. “If you’re acting like a promoter, you should be subject to regulations. You can’t say, ‘O.K., I’m benefiting fighters, so therefore I don’t have to be in compliance.’*”

Others see such criticism as mere jealousy toward Haymon.

“He makes fighters the most money,” said Jeff Wald, who helped create the reality TV series “The Contender” and worked with Haymon in boxing and entertainment. “Of course everybody hates him. If I was a fighter, he’s the first guy I’d go to.”

Showtime declined to comment about its dealings with Haymon.

Davis said HBO did not negotiate directly with Haymon. He said that “it would be inaccurate to say we never talk to Al,” but that the network makes boxing deals with promoters only.

Comment

Working...
                      X