Collapse
No announcement yet.

froch should refuse to fight ward in the us

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah, because that ref last night was unfairly getting on Abraham's case for holding and hitting all the time. oh wait, he was letting Abraham hold and hit constantly against Ward without so much as a few stern words

Comment

Froch got the "W" against Dirrell quite awhile ago now so let's not try to justify our BS views with stupidity and live with the fact that he was crowned the winner. Move on people, Dirrell has, why can't you?

Comment

When I see people saying Froch vs Dirrell was a robbery i have to seriously question who much they actually know about boxing and how many fights they have actually seen.

It was a close fight Froch came to fight Dirrell ran *****ed hugged (did everything but fight) you don’t win world titles with that kind of performance.

The press row had Froch winning the fight. Dan Rafael, Graham Houston, Allan Green, Emanuel Steward and various other top pundits had it to Froch.

But yes I agree with TS it doesn’t seem fair by a long shot Ward gets all his fights in his home town (despite not even being a big draw there) but Froch has to travel the world, instead of fighting Glen Johnson in front of a sell out 17k crowd in Nottingham he will be fighting him in some second rate venue in front of around 2k fans in Atlantic City.

Comment

People keep bringing it up, so once again.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/po...s&pollid=21480

Above is the poll from NSB here on Who Won Froch or Dirrell? Started the next day or so, when the facts were fresh.

It has 220 to 73 or 69% to 23% in favor of Dirrell over Froch.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
            All I'm saying is that I could have whooped up on AA last night just as good as the next guy.That punching bag technique he employes so well is excellent at making the opponent into the next Ray Robinson.

Beating Froch or Johnson won't be so easy. I was surprised that it was AA that was getting Ward in the headlock and not the other way.
            No you wouldn't.

Comment

But I think boxing has shown that virtually every country does this rotten home cooking. USA for its own boxers, UK for its boxers, Germany for German or E. European fighters living there.

Gives boxing a bad name. Some refs obviously are corrupt. Their actions are easy to see. Judges' scorecards are too. If these 4 individuals were unbiased it wouldn't matter where a fight was held. Boxing like the real world is very biased or corrupt. The more money involved...

Comment

I wouldnt just assume that Froch is gonna beat Johnson. Glen will be in his chest all night long and Froch isnt great. I like Froch, very good fighter and has grown in this tourney, but anyone can look good against a non punching Arthur Abraham, he wont get off easy against Johnson. I got the road warrior hurting more than Froch's feelings.....watch

Comment

Ward hasn't had a single close fight in the tournament. Last night is the first time he's lost a round. It hasn't made any difference where he's fought. 50-50 Froch pulls out (if he beats Johnson), because he don't want to get schooled the way Kessler did.

Ward is the real deal.

Why isn't everyone getting on Bute for fighting his last 13 in a row in his hometown?

Comment

Originally posted by Horvo View Post
                    Ward hasn't had a single close fight in the tournament. Last night is the first time he's lost a round. It hasn't made any difference where he's fought. 50-50 Froch pulls out (if he beats Johnson), because he don't want to get schooled the way Kessler did.

Ward is the real deal.

Why isn't everyone getting on Bute for fighting his last 13 in a row in his hometown?
                    Lots of people have been.

Difference is: Bute is an exciting fighter who scores dramatic KOs and brings 20,000 fans to the Bell Center in Montreal.

Ward is a boring fighter who tries only for decision wins, and who headbutts, hits off the break and holds too much. He couldn't draw flies.

Comment

i dont understand why it was in wards hometown whenw ard has no fan base they can sell 20,000 tiks in germany

Comment

Working...
                      X