No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: Froch Situation To Be Sorted in Next Few Days

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hearn: Froch Situation To Be Sorted in Next Few Days

Carl Froch should discover this week whether his next fight will be a lucrative rematch with Mikkel Kessler or a world title defence against Adonis Stevenson. Froch is keen to set the record straight against Kessler after he was beaten on points by the 'Viking Warrior' in Herning in 2010.

The 36-year-old is willing to give up his IBF super middleweight crown for a second crack at the Dane, who destroyed Brian Magee in three rounds to win the WBA version in December.
    [Click Here To Read More]

War Froch I hope it's the Kessler fight!

Comment

How on earth has Stevenson got himself into contention to even say Carl Froch's name?

Comment

Froch do the right and honourable thing fight Stevenson as he is the No1 contender he has earned the right then a unification fight in June/July against Kessler - because you fought Mack who was absolutley useless in October and Stevenson had to stand aside then - if Froch was the No1 contender he would expect his shot - I know peopler are going to shout for Kessler on a personal preference but there are rules and integrity to be considered- Stevenson in March/April then Kessler in June/July it is only fair.

Comment

Originally posted by #tag View Post
          How on earth has Stevenson got himself into contention to even say Carl Froch's name?
          Because he won the IBF title eliminator that made him the mandatory challenger...

Comment

I very much doubt that they bring 70% to the pot. Sky may bring in more than Viasat but only if they pick up PPV again. However, Kessler is a bigger star in Denmark than Froch is in the UK and could probably do double in a Danish stadium what they can do in England. Nevertheless, I don't see why Kessler should avoid the fight - he has a good shot of winning it.

Comment

i'm not optimistic about the Froch-Kessler fight. i don't expect Kessler to step up and do his bit. he's accepted he will lose and wants to be overpaid for it.

Comment

Originally posted by S. Saddler 1310 View Post
                i'm not optimistic about the Froch-Kessler fight. i don't expect Kessler to step up and do his bit. he's accepted he will lose and wants to be overpaid for it.
                Lol how on earth can you come to that conclusion about a fighter who was a world champion before you even started following boxing?

Comment

I think people are slightly underrating stevenson here. I would say stevenson has more of the "video game" stats. but froch has grit and experience and he will be favoured and he is still my pick, and should he win this is a great win for his resume.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew5550 View Post
                    Lol how on earth can you come to that conclusion about a fighter who was a world champion before you even started following boxing?
                    i didn't think Kessler turned professional until the late 1990's. i may be wrong.

Kessler/his handlers have exhibited a recurrent trait of reluctance down the years. that's just the way it is.

Comment

Working...
                    X