No announcement yet.

If only boxing was capable of putting on an event like that

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bluebeam View Post
    The fighters as a whole don't get rewarded in the ufc tho. The ufc heavyweight champion makes less than Vasyl Lomachenko.

You don't see a problem with that?

Dana white is the only person benefiting
    Depends on a lot of things though.

In UFC, you get paid your worth. Bring in big crowds and big PPV's and you're making millions with base salary and PPV revenue split.

In boxing, we have very average guys getting paid millions to fight bums. It's more about boxers being overpaid for crap fights.

Comment

The fighters as a whole don't get rewarded in the ufc tho. The ufc heavyweight champion makes less than Vasyl Lomachenko.

You don't see a problem with that?

Dana white is the only person benefiting
      Well Dana only owns about 10% of the company.

But yeah the fighter union is a good idea. Hope it takes off. Company could clearly afford to pay them a lot more. Zuffa making $4Bn or whatever it was from the sale of the company, and some fighters getting $50k on PPV cards is disgusting.

Comment

Mayweather vs hatton was the greatest fight atmosphere of all time in america.
        Come on dude . . .

Comment

For an MMA fighter to reach the top of the sport, he has to sign with UFC, and once he's signed, he's another slave. UFC has basically no competition in MMA. It's "take what we give you or don't fight for us" and they alternatives to UFC are not good

UFC as a promotional company is bigger than any one fighter (except McGregor, arguably) and truly is bigger than the sport of MMA itself. Most people probably think UFC is the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by muslimer12 View Post
            Boxing this year has been horrible tbh We got Canelo fighitng smith, GGG fighting brook, Pacquaio fighting vargas. All uninteresting fights from the 3 biggest fighters.
            And this is why I'm not paying for either one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Hype job View Post
              Great thread, I haven't felt that excitement watching a boxing fight in.... well I can't remember the last time a boxing fight excited me that much.
              Wtf is with your sig?

Comment

Boxing will NEVER be able to replicate what the ufc has because of the cold war. Too many separate promotions. It's like having 3 different UFC's, and the top guys of each organizations not allowed to fight the other top guys.

Boxing is ****ed because of that. I honestly don't give a crap whether Harmon, Oscar, or arum have all the fighters to themselves, and build a monopoly. I care about the best fights, and the best fighting the best. You can talk about boxers being well paid all you want, but don't complain about the best not fighting the best then.

Comment

Originally posted by Holystroke3 View Post
                  For an MMA fighter to reach the top of the sport, he has to sign with UFC, and once he's signed, he's another slave. UFC has basically no competition in MMA. It's "take what we give you or don't fight for us" and they alternatives to UFC are not good

UFC as a promotional company is bigger than any one fighter (except McGregor, arguably) and truly is bigger than the sport of MMA itself. Most people probably think UFC is the sport.
                  That's good for the fans doe.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchAndShoot View Post
                    Boxing will NEVER be able to replicate what the ufc has because of the cold war. Too many separate promotions. It's like having 3 different UFC's, and the top guys of each organizations not allowed to fight the other top guys.

Boxing is ****ed because of that. I honestly don't give a crap whether Harmon, Oscar, or arum have all the fighters to themselves, and build a monopoly. I care about the best fights, and the best fighting the best. You can talk about boxers being well paid all you want, but don't complain about the best not fighting the best then.

And these people are too selfish and greedy to see that. I've always disliked Dana White but his comments of people taking and taking but never putting anything back into boxing are 100% factual. That selfish, self-serving attitude has crippled the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                      I didn't see the fight, but I guarantee that boxing has put on thousands of events like it.
                      The only boxing event that's even close to my sig is Broner/Molina or Broner/Porter.

Comment

Working...
                      X