Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Definition of "A-Side", Heated Debate - Skills Or Popularity?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
    But in all those examples I listed, the losing fighter is still the A-side because they still generated more money due to their popularity. Sometimes when a fighter beats an A-side guy, they themselves become the A-side but it's actually pretty rare I think. I guess Mayweather vs De La Hoya was an example of it happening because Floyd went on to become the highest paid boxer in history but in the De La Hoya fight he was the B-side guy back then.
    Still don't think Froch could dictate to Ward .

Comment

A poster said that on here as well, that is pretty hilarious when you think about it. People go so far with telling their opinions that they basically create an alternate universe just for their fighter can have it all their way, with alternate rules, and high morale. From denying that MW is from 155-160, to saying the A-side is the more skilled fighter, to redefining what 'slick' really means so that their fighter can fall under that category. The forum is basically a circus right now, the participants are the GGG fans, and the audience is everyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
        But in all those examples I listed, the losing fighter is still the A-side because they still generated more money due to their popularity. Sometimes when a fighter beats an A-side guy, they themselves become the A-side but it's actually pretty rare I think. I guess Mayweather vs De La Hoya was an example of it happening because Floyd went on to become the highest paid boxer in history but in the De La Hoya fight he was the B-side guy back then.
        Not really because they had a rematch signed and Floyd was still the B side. One of the reasons why he "retired" instead of taking the fight.

Comment

Working...
        X