Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Maccarinelli Knocks Roy Jones Jr. Out Cold in Four!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
    Idk whats the deal with him and the Russians but if he's affiliated with them in anyway, do you really think they care about him? All they see is $$$.
    Not Russians, but Russian promoter Hrunov (he is one shady guy). Ryabinskiy (who is now the promoter of all top Russian fighters) isn't involved in it.

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
      enzo's resume is almost as good as calzaghe's now with this big win over an all time great
      Funny and true!

Comment

• Originally posted by Main Source View Post
        You better get the context right.

He said Roy is only fighting for money, not for the love of boxing. I used Hopkins as an example to show that fighting for the love of fighting actually is plausible.
        Speaking of getting the context right, who is "he"? I was the one who said it, not "he".

Comment

• Originally posted by Shpacman View Post
          Not Russians, but Russian promoter Hrunov (he is one shady guy). Ryabinskiy (who is now the promoter of all top Russian fighters) isn't involved in it.
          I wasn't sure of the whole situation so that's why I said what I said. But IMO no promoter has the best interest for fighters. All they see is $$$ and is all they care about.
          Last edited by .:: JSFD26 ::.; 12-13-2015, 03:05 PM.

Comment

• I appreciate that Enzo wasn't jumping around the ring and celebrating the victory. He took a knee in the corner and prayed for Jones. Classy move by Enzo.

Comment

• Y'all musta forgot, RJJ's glass jaw!

Comment

• You people are sad. Reading these comments says it all. You folks don't respect boxers at all. Get well Roy. And thank you for your dedication to your craft.

Comment

• Originally posted by pbftxrs316 View Post
                  You people are sad. Reading these comments says it all. You folks don't respect boxers at all. Get well Roy. And thank you for your dedication to your craft.
                  ^^^^^^* this

But most of them do it behind a keyboard anyway so what do,you expect .

Comment

• Originally posted by jaded View Post
                    He spoke of his money problems before...he's been into the IRS for a few million over the last decade and leans on his Florida property. He does enjoy fighting...but he's stated he needs the money.
                    What life style tho, just because a celebrity groans about being broke just means they cant live the way they wish to. Roy needs to find that balance then and stop living like hes in the 90s yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by imperial1 View Post
                      ^^^^^^* this

But most of them do it behind a keyboard anyway so what do,you expect .
                      True on both ends. Roy had a great career? Yes. Still whatever he fights for, enjoyment, money, fame. Guy has to understand how far he can step. Hes 46 and has been koed brutally a few times. What did he think was gonna happen? What do you people think was gonna happen? He wasnt going to make a James Braddock run and shock the world. Could you imagine if he had a rematch with Lebedev? There still has to be a reality check.

Comment

Working...
                      X